Osiris3

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Osiris3

Post by Butcher » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 12:04 pm

Don't know what others think, but osiris without the roof was kinda weird... I preferred the old version... Seems to me that the flow was broken and there was not so much space to run. Also the central plaza was free to cross...
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Osiris3

Post by iRobot » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 12:07 pm

Butcher wrote:Also the central plaza was free to cross...
Quite the change from Osiris2 where going in the central plaza meant death.

.=

Vanico

Post by Vanico » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 12:49 pm

The roof was rather gimmicky and didn't really improve the flow of the map. Just an easy to defend camping spot (you can only reach it with 1 elevator). One way camping spots like this one should be avoided in maps imo, at least for Freon. Be happy, you can cross the plaza without being sniped and blown up by G5s, actually, that's a flow improvement. :P

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 12:53 pm

Sure, maybe the solution was not to take the roof off, but to add other access points to the roof. For example through the other elevators, in the other side. Roof campers are just taking care of the only entrance, a second entrance would make the situation different.
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 12:58 pm

Butcher wrote:Sure, maybe the solution was not to take the roof off, but to add other access points to the roof. For example through the other elevators, in the other side. Roof campers are just taking care of the only entrance, a second entrance would make the situation different.
This was my proposed solution (a second roof lift on the other side) but it got denied. (ok

Vanico felt removing the roof completely was better, as he posts above.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 2:51 pm

iRobot wrote:Vanico felt removing the roof completely was better, as he posts above.
Was better or easier to fulfill? I assume that putting a blocking volume at a lift shaft is easier than creating a new entrance & changing the lifts settings to it push you up there.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 3:02 pm

There are still 3 places where you can look down on the central area, but you can't camp there for "free".

To me, it never looked as if access to the upper part was particularly intentional - I like the new version.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 3:08 pm

Oska wrote:
iRobot wrote:Vanico felt removing the roof completely was better, as he posts above.
Was better or easier to fulfill? I assume that putting a blocking volume at a lift shaft is easier than creating a new entrance & changing the lifts settings to it push you up there.
Being lazy is not his intention, he's done a lot of work on the maps for nothing. If he wanted the easy option then he wouldn't have bothered doing anything at all.

Osiris was rather well received actually. We all expected a little rage over the adjustment, but nobody even mentioned it.

Vanico

Post by Vanico » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 3:49 pm

Roof was removed because it was an unnecessary, one-way camper fort that was used to stall and gain control over the whole plaza and that was WAY too eay to defend. I would have added another entrance if keeping it would have made sense.

Capaco

Post by Capaco » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 7:04 pm

How come every map kinda changes now? I cant play these days but i see a lot of ppl saying " so much changes"

Osiris without a roof? good in my opinion, no more camping and wait for someone in the middle.

When the server is full with 22 players, it wont be that easy and doesnt get too small? U cant just move to the top... perhaps make some ways longer, so that the map becomes a big bigger? not much