SAR Blinding

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Butcher
V.I.P. Member

SAR Blinding

Post by Butcher » Thu 09 Jan , 2014 4:00 pm

Is it just me or the SAR became too powerful with the blinding improvement blackout... It takes too much time
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: SAR Blinding

Post by Azarael » Thu 09 Jan , 2014 4:07 pm

Actual blind time for the SAR didn't change.

reload

Post by reload » Thu 09 Jan , 2014 4:41 pm

How about the tech grenade? I noticed I'm still blinded even after I've been killed (for dm of course).

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 09 Jan , 2014 4:42 pm

That was changed.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Thu 09 Jan , 2014 4:59 pm

But, SAR's blinding was white, and made this annoying sound and the white screen intensity oscillated during the effect period. Now is black, stays black and you can't see anything in the between time of the effect... period is the same, but the intermittent spots you could see allowed you to react somehow, now with the blackout is practically in all cases a lost fight.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 09 Jan , 2014 5:02 pm

You were able to see through a SAR flash? I'm glad I changed it - that was never intended.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Thu 09 Jan , 2014 5:09 pm

Even if it was not the intention, it was fair. It was intermittent, not easy to control, but not 100% disorienting. Now the effect period is longer than the complete magazine to become empty, and that means you will not survive any 1 to 1 confrontation. You can dodge 2 to 3 times in the blind with the effect as set now. It's in my concept a huge advantage respect to any other assault weapon, and of course will hurt the balance.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 09 Jan , 2014 5:24 pm

It actually wasn't intermittent at all. When I got flashed, I saw white with no breakups, just a slow fadeout. Sounds like low settings / weak hardware advantage again, but this is what happens when ClientFlash is used, I guess...

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 09 Jan , 2014 5:38 pm

Confirming the flash was not always a blanket, sometimes it allowed better visibility than other times.

The new effect is better, consider it as first opening your eyes in the morning and looking out the window. You need a few seconds before you can make anything out.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Thu 09 Jan , 2014 6:01 pm

Azarael wrote:It actually wasn't intermittent at all. When I got flashed, I saw white with no breakups, just a slow fadeout. Sounds like low settings / weak hardware advantage again, but this is what happens when ClientFlash is used, I guess...
ehh.. I play with the highest resolution possible.
iRobot wrote:Confirming the flash was not always a blanket, sometimes it allowed better visibility than other times.
The new effect is better, consider it as first opening your eyes in the morning and looking out the window. You need a few seconds before you can make anything out.
What I mean is that is a bit too hard to counter as victim. I'll try the SAR for a few rounds and see how it looks from the attacker side. As I saw, it is an instrument to exploit easy kills.