Re: Titanfall, the best FPS of 2014?

Post by iRobot » Mon 13 Jan , 2014 7:07 pm

Oh man

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Mon 13 Jan , 2014 7:31 pm

LOL

Yeah he should learn from mr.baby how not to farm the attacking rounds, Aza.
trollface

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 13 Jan , 2014 8:06 pm

I have signatures disabled, don't people know this by now :(

I don't farm at all. No skill to gain in the attacking rounds. I play the way I play because the S in FPS doesn't stand for shielding. Ironically, I get compared to a brainless wall when not shielding. ._.

I hope there's no shielding in this game. :)

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Mon 13 Jan , 2014 9:29 pm

Weeew, I get refered to in 3 posts by 3 different users in 4 consecutive posts... I must be famous. I wonder why nothing of that has been converted to a team-spec.sentinel-saying yet.

Ironically, this is not Deathmatch where your kills count, Aza. The total completion time counts and when you keep fighting respawning defenders, you will end up with 1 obj in a total of 20 minutes attack time.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Mon 13 Jan , 2014 9:37 pm

Yeah, he keeps fighting respawning noobs, skilled players know where to be to defend obj and remain out of Aza's (and similar) reach in many maps, therefore he's effectivelly killing just noobs and is famring on lowskillers. I remember that in Damnation, where I even saw Aza himself at obj once (they didn't do any objective, yet the teams were balanced by "papers").

Talking of shieldgun, I pretty much would say that defenders could get normal shielgun, while attackers remain with stationary (when not having an objective). It will prevent deusing but this kind of farming as well. I can see where the complaints on it are actually coming from.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 13 Jan , 2014 9:51 pm

The game in question was when the Stationary Shield Gun was disabled per the request of some Assault players. In that case, refusing to fight is effective. It is NOT effective with the Stationary Shield Gun on. In those conditions, fighting is required to get to the objective.

A map which works via shield gun attrition rather than via clearing and supporting the guy on the objective is a bad map. Simple. This is why resetting hold objectives are not favoured on LDG and why some maps use hold objectives with extremely long hold timers to cover for the gameplay style.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Mon 13 Jan , 2014 10:25 pm

Azarael wrote:The game in question was when the Stationary Shield Gun was disabled per the request of some Assault players. In that case, refusing to fight is effective. It is NOT effective with the Stationary Shield Gun on. In those conditions, fighting is required to get to the objective.
That's pretty much shield running and what stationary shieldgun is against.
Azarael wrote:A map which works via shield gun attrition rather than via clearing and supporting the guy on the objective is a bad map. Simple. This is why resetting hold objectives are not favoured on LDG and why some maps use hold objectives with extremely long hold timers to cover for the gameplay style.
Correct.