Frozen camp

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Jester

Frozen camp

Post by Jester » Tue 21 Jan , 2014 8:19 pm

After the mars-2 mode, LongHorn mode, Nano blade mode etc... the new mode is the frozen camp.

I was wondering about that """strategy""": is it allowed or not ?

Because it's like waiting for someone to spawn/respawn and then kill him easily (in my opinion). .=

Now, many players just wait behind frozen players for "muh free kill" (as these players who wait on a lift point).

And I start to be fed up with that """strategy""", you got few sec of shield spawn protection before "olol gotcha from behind nub" with 2/3 players from the opposite team on your back..

It's like a rage thread but it's a rage thread. fts

Pinky
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Frozen camp

Post by Pinky » Tue 21 Jan , 2014 8:29 pm

kills within 10 seconds after thawing are not taken into account for the skill statistics (neither negative nor positive)

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Tue 21 Jan , 2014 8:40 pm

What about having a 10 seconds protection as well?
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Jester

Post by Jester » Tue 21 Jan , 2014 9:13 pm

Pinky wrote:kills within 10 seconds after thawing are not taken into account for the skill statistics (neither negative nor positive)
Skill is not the problem. I don't really care about skill of people or mine.

Oska wrote:What about having a 10 seconds protection as well?
I find this too OP. You've 10 seconds to kill the ennemy without having damage..

Maybe something like a retalion (X damage return to the guy who shoot on you right after you unfreeze) who'll stay 3 or 4 seconds maximum..

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Tue 21 Jan , 2014 10:19 pm

The protection goes as soon as you fire, so you don't have 10 seconds to kill someone :)
Instead you have 10 seconds to run away from the "frozen camp".
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

focus

Post by focus » Tue 21 Jan , 2014 11:05 pm

I believe this strategy is legit. The goal itself not to gain free kills per se. But to prevent recently unfrozen players to revive half of their team in order to keep general strategic balance of the round.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 21 Jan , 2014 11:05 pm

As Oska says, you have protection when you thaw. Just move away from whoever is camping you with melee, or switch to melee yourself and oneshot them for free

(While laughing that they cant touch you)

trollface

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 22 Jan , 2014 12:27 am

This is one of the flaws of Freon. I must confess I rage far more about being thawed in situations where the game is unwinnable for my team and I'm going to take a guaranteed death. Being killed within the 10 second safe window does not bother me at all, although it does give me much less incentive to actually try to kill players in a situation where there's more than a slight chance I will die after 10 seconds.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Wed 22 Jan , 2014 7:24 am

I agree here with Aza. A solution could be that you could press suicide key when frozen to "give up" and prevent yourself from being thawn (with some humiliation effect i.e breaking into ice pieces :D ). Definitely with limited usage to prevent farming though, something like once per match, regardless of skill.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 22 Jan , 2014 11:28 am

Izumo_CZ wrote:I agree here with Aza. A solution could be that you could press suicide key when frozen to "give up" and prevent yourself from being thawn (with some humiliation effect i.e breaking into ice pieces :D ). Definitely with limited usage to prevent farming though, something like once per match, regardless of skill.
This would be helpful. As long as the suicide while frozen does not count as a second death (it does currently - fall off map, teleported back, someone else falls off and telefrags you, grats you got 0-2)