Frozen camp

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Capaco

Re: Frozen camp

Post by Capaco » Wed 22 Jan , 2014 4:12 pm

Well perhaps js
Izumo_CZ wrote:I agree here with Aza. A solution could be that you could press suicide key when frozen to "give up" and prevent yourself from being thawn (with some humiliation effect i.e breaking into ice pieces :D ). Definitely with limited usage to prevent farming though, something like once per match, regardless of skill.
Yep that helps true. You get thawed in overtime, whole other team is alive...GREAT A CHALLENGE BEGINS..erm no ty ^^

Kinda unfair, when the guy thaws u at the moment and u press at 96% "suicide" and be like lol ;'D'D

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Wed 22 Jan , 2014 4:22 pm

Don't agree in the suicide... How many times there is no chance, but how many times there is a Black horse in the game... If you are thawn then: thaw your mates or die trying, part of Freon, live with it...
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 22 Jan , 2014 4:24 pm

"Part of the game" is a non-argument. We define what the game is. Players should have the choice of whether they're forced to play 1v11 or 2v11 situations in overtime. A single forced death may not matter much for those with ratios of 1:1 or 2:1, but above that those forced deaths matter more and more.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 22 Jan , 2014 4:32 pm

I'd only be concerned it would be too abused by sore losers who see themselves on a weaker team so suicide out of spite.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 22 Jan , 2014 4:34 pm

Easier to spec in that case.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 22 Jan , 2014 4:39 pm

Why spec when you could just suicide and sabotage the game so it ends more quickly?

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 22 Jan , 2014 4:44 pm

If it's restricted to overtime, there's not a problem.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Wed 22 Jan , 2014 4:47 pm

... and the idea is to thaw, so then you ain't alone and you may be healed (*). Because thawing doesn't weight as much as killing in the (K+T)/D skill measure, is that you complain to be left alone to be killed, and is why is not a good strategy for "skilled" players to risk to be killed trying to thaw the mates. But this is the only situation where anyone is forced to thaw, which I find positive.

Besides when you are alone the probability of getting an encounter is higher, which means you have more chances to kill more enemies too, just make sure you killed more than 1 before you die to keep the skill rate up.

(*) unless the idiot starts running and does not heal you, which happens always you thaw a fucking bad team player...
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 22 Jan , 2014 5:05 pm

Yes. Thawing in overtime, in a 1 or 2v11 situation, with a thaw rate of 4%/s. Face it. In this situation, you die, it's as simple as that. Any good player in this situation will try to farm to lessen the effect of the forced death.

If you get stuck in a 1v11, it's more often that not the fault of the rest of the team. Whenever this happens to me, all my teammates died pathetically in a short period of time.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 22 Jan , 2014 5:17 pm

I don't have any hope of one vs many in overtime. I can kill a few but sheer numbers means I can't stop them thawing as a group and you need to retreat, back to square one with less health to show for it.