Some thoughts and things

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Re: Some thoughts and things

Post by Skaldy » Wed 22 Jan , 2014 1:00 pm

Remembering who/where/when you killed, and then returning 90 seconds later, is part of the game - it's just a better way of "guarding the frozen". It is up to every player to use their spawn protection time wisely, and consider running rather than firing immediately when surrounded. And Teamspeak is a legitimate tool for organized tactical teamplay - we are all free to use it if we want to.

As for wallhacks & radar, it is only human to have suspicions sometimes (I do), but we have to operate under a strict "no video evidence, no accusation" policy. If you decide a certain player might be using one, keep quiet but adjust your tactics. Learn the maps well, improve your awareness of your enemies movements and keep moving. Basically, treat adversity as a welcome opportunity to gain experience, develop counter-strategies, and learn faster.

Spectating a top ten player can help a lot with this too. The enjoyment of this game, even after 10 years, comes from continual learning and improvement.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 22 Jan , 2014 1:03 pm

How about instead of protection so you don't take damage, no protection (or 1-2 sec?) but double damage for a few seconds? Could make it a few seconds buff called 'Rejuvenated' or something.

Then, instead of having scenarios where you just end up thawing, running and dying, you'd have a chance to deal some good damage, and camping people would be too dangerous to do.

This is of course hypothetical and assuming that camping is a problem. I haven't been playing much at all lately.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Wed 22 Jan , 2014 1:16 pm

The problem here is that one may sometimes respawn naturally while one or two enemy players are simply running next to him/her and were not camping him/her at all, just going their way trying to kill someone else.
Then one would have double damage and kill "easily" the two opponents peacefully running, while no "camping the soon to be thawed" behaviour were intended.

Concerning Mecha's worries I would suggest giving out names.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Wed 22 Jan , 2014 2:13 pm

Skaldy wrote:Remembering who/where/when you killed, and then returning 90 seconds later, is part of the game - it's just a better way of "guarding the frozen". It is up to every player to use their spawn protection time wisely, and consider running rather than firing immediately when surrounded. And Teamspeak is a legitimate tool for organized tactical teamplay - we are all free to use it if we want to.

As for wallhacks & radar, it is only human to have suspicions sometimes (I do), but we have to operate under a strict "no video evidence, no accusation" policy. If you decide a certain player might be using one, keep quiet but adjust your tactics. Learn the maps well, improve your awareness of your enemies movements and keep moving. Basically, treat adversity as a welcome opportunity to gain experience, develop counter-strategies, and learn faster.

Spectating a top ten player can help a lot with this too. The enjoyment of this game, even after 10 years, comes from continual learning and improvement.
Couldn't agree more..

So, Little Johnny is in his math class, and the teacher asks:
"You have 3 birds in a tree branch, if you shoot 1, how many are left?"
So Johnny answers: "There are zero left!" :D
The teacher then says: "NOOOO Johnny there is two left, why you say there are none left?
and Johnny says:"If you shoot one, the others will fly away! "
The teacher says: "Ok, Johnny, you are wrong, but I like the way you think"
Later at recess, johnny comes to the teacher and asks her: "If you see two women in a bench, one is sitting with her legs crossed and the other one with the legs open, which one is married?"
Then the teacher says: "Of course the married one has the open legs!!!"
And then Johnny says, " No, the married one is the one wearing the Ring, but I like the way you think ;) !!!"

... I like the way you think! Skaldy ;)
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Wed 22 Jan , 2014 2:34 pm

I would suggest giving out names.
No accusations without evidence - LDG is not a kid's playground. Anyway, if you learn how to cope with gamesmanship you become better, while they remain reliant on it.

I like Robot's suggestion, although that might lengthen rounds. Making spawn protection a tiny bit longer might be easier instead, as long as it still drops when you fire, but ultimately they will always chase you down if you are being guarded by several. Rounds have to end eventually.

Spin

Post by Spin » Thu 23 Jan , 2014 12:05 am

Mecha wrote:...The next topic is TeamSpeak. This raised my awareness because of one frustrating moment of suddenly getting camped while being frozen. As soon as I reached 95%, one (I'm not going to call names because people are so fragile) suddenly started deploy around me. Not 'deploy' with a weapon, but crouching while pointing his weapon towards me. He apparently knew exactly when I was going to thaw. But how? I tried to shoot him when I thawed and tried to kill him, but failed in the end. I noticed his clanmate in my team, and that was the final nail on the coffin...

I remember I did this once to you, but circumstances were a bit different. I think i killed you, went away and later return to same spot as I was hidding. I don't track time so I couldn't know when you will thaw, I just thought it has to be soon. However I was at same location for like 30 sec, but you only noticed me for like last 10 sec. Perhaps you were watching your team and only returned to your camera for last 10 sec? You then said how could I know when you are going to thaw, I explained same as here(in fewer words tho), and my teammate who was frozen atm confirmed. I remember you didn't believe it.

Oh and I don't use TS. I used it like 3 times when we were still playing tennis. Map was one that is removed now. Where 1 team always started in higher ground and later it got some teleports. Sorry I don't know the name.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 23 Jan , 2014 12:11 am

> ~GrrrrrÖskå`~[TeamSay]: & since robot threw those silly accusations

I'm not going to tolerate this crap much longer.

Mecha
V.I.P. Member

Post by Mecha » Thu 23 Jan , 2014 12:57 am

Spin wrote:I remember I did this once to you, but circumstances were a bit different. I think i killed you, went away and later return to same spot as I was hidding. I don't track time so I couldn't know when you will thaw, I just thought it has to be soon. However I was at same location for like 30 sec, but you only noticed me for like last 10 sec. Perhaps you were watching your team and only returned to your camera for last 10 sec? You then said how could I know when you are going to thaw, I explained same as here(in fewer words tho), and my teammate who was frozen atm confirmed. I remember you didn't believe it.

Oh and I don't use TS. I used it like 3 times when we were still playing tennis. Map was one that is removed now. Where 1 team always started in higher ground and later it got some teleports. Sorry I don't know the name.
Thanks for clearing it up. I was watching my team, when I saw you circling me around I guessed you were using TS to gain information about my status from your buddies, but seems like I'm wrong. It really looked like you were well prepared to spam me off and thus got angered. And when I'm angered, I tend to disregard things. Won't happen again.
↑ ↓ A A B ← → A B ↑ A ↓ → → ← B ↑ ← A → B ← → A ← ↑ A ↓ A → ← B Select

I did it. Can you?

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Thu 23 Jan , 2014 1:08 am

Azarael wrote:> ~GrrrrrÖskå`~[TeamSay]: & since robot threw those silly accusations

As far as I know it does not concern you once again.
If iRobot has any problem with this he can clear things up with me since I obviously have problems with what he said. I don't think he needs you backing him up every time someone says something about him. He is old enough to take care of himself.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 23 Jan , 2014 1:16 am

Azarael wrote:> ~GrrrrrÖskå`~[TeamSay]: & since robot threw those silly accusations

Thanks for having my back Aza. Can't believe I'm getting so much hate for just saying Grrrr have their own teamspeak.