RACE-HellbenderRace_RustyBlood

For posting your maps.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Re: RACE-HellbenderRace_RustyBlood

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 06 Feb , 2014 8:20 pm

File: http://www.mediafire.com/download/facgd ... yBlood.zip

Fixes:

- Basically replaced the majority of the BSP with a mesh track. The exceptions are the two huge jumps. This means that the length of track going to objective 3 has been drastically cut. Sequences of movers added.
- Vehicles are now a combination of quantum scorpions and atlases. Obviously the map is no longer called HellbenderRace ...
- Lighting has been fixed.
- The puzzle bridges at the start have been removed - I got the sense that half the players could not follow instructions.
- Six lifts supply both spawn areas to the top. The connection between both towers has been cut.

These are the main points. I've made some other alterations as well. It's a lot different. And as far as I could tell there are no bugs at all.

Objective 1:

Objective 2:

Objective 3:

Enjoy!
Last edited by Azarael on Sun 09 Feb , 2014 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Uploaded.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Thu 06 Feb , 2014 11:15 pm

Generally looks nice, although the fog looks weird with this skybox.

Also dem "J" and "K" keybinds
fts

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 07 Feb , 2014 10:43 am

The fog is the original. It's a compromise to limit the structure and track pop-in. I did try a darker fog (basically the one set for CTF-ElecFields) and the bottom mesh did look better, but the pop-in looked a lot worse.

I play left handed. All the other keys immediately around the arrows were taken ;"(
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Socio

Post by Socio » Fri 07 Feb , 2014 11:20 am

Border World track static meshes again, recycling at its finest =.
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Fri 07 Feb , 2014 11:32 am

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:I play left handed. All the other keys immediately around the arrows were taken ;"(
Then bind them to your mouse :)
Socio wrote:Border World track static meshes again, recycling at its finest =.
Why make new when old works just fine! But yah.. we might just be over doing the border world static meshes..But don't think that's going to stop us!
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 07 Feb , 2014 11:40 am

Recycled meshes = lack of passion.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 07 Feb , 2014 11:42 am

darkelf wrote:
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:I play left handed. All the other keys immediately around the arrows were taken ;"(
Then bind them to your mouse :)
No use - both mice have only the basic three functions. I accept your pity. Thankfully the PC mouse is half-decent ...

Those meshes just seem to fit together perfectly! And they look good too.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Fri 07 Feb , 2014 12:52 pm

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:Those meshes just seem to fit together perfectly! And they look good too.
It might be time to use different meshes..Or make new ones. We got skyraise, border worlds, Unwheel staticmeshes and blazing race track(I think there meshes.. if not that would be easy to make into a nice mesh pack.)

Already got border worlds, scorpcoaster and rainbow race using sf meshes. Might want to consider using the actual track that was already put in map and just convert bsp to mesh. The theme was actually quite good. Although.. im going to be using sf meshes for scorpcoaster 2.0 but its already been done with sf meshes so I feel no need to change that. You have no excuse.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 07 Feb , 2014 2:07 pm

Haha, no way am I changing the meshes for this map. If I were to convert the original BSP from this map into meshes, it would look like this only worse. I've just replicated the theme, and it looks neat.

But you are right, it's time to use some other meshes in subsequent maps. I have a list of maps I want to incorporate into things, and there are some neat ideas there.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 07 Feb , 2014 4:12 pm

There's no point making new road meshes when the majority of people like the original ScorpRace, yeah?