RACE-HellbenderRace_RustyBlood

For posting your maps.
iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: RACE-HellbenderRace_RustyBlood

Post by iZumo » Mon 10 Feb , 2014 8:58 pm

Atlas was not really made to be mixed with other vehicles honestly.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 11 Feb , 2014 4:41 pm

Update: https://www.mediafire.com/?facgd2vm50lshqu

I went through the new track in a TWB and decided to change the vehicles back. I had some doubts about the air control potential whilst descending the two long ramps, but it makes a nice challenge and increases the difficulty a bit. Couple of LVRs and a Raptor are also included per team

Other changes: a lift going down from objective 1 to produce continuity between the objectives; some more lifts approaching objective 3; forced respawn after objective 2 to stop bridge camping (I didn't think this was an issue per se, but it was mentioned); and, some more blocking volumes to protect the entrance lifts from spam. I've also protected the final objective by making the bridge sequence trigger control, so it's similar to a garage. I thought the idea would be novel.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 19 Feb , 2014 7:13 pm

Update (final unless something horrible comes up): https://www.mediafire.com/?facgd2vm50lshqu

Sorry about this update, but a few things came up that needed fixing. Altered the trigger collision for the final bridge mechanism, tidied up some of the decor a bit, deleted the more needless blocking volumes to help raptor navigation, and added a 'nitro needed' sign to a certain jump.
Last edited by Azarael on Thu 20 Feb , 2014 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Uploaded.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 1:38 am

Have you added a practice round this time?
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 8:49 am

Well I altered the actor causing this problem last time, but it made no difference whatsoever :(

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 11:00 am

Couldn't you just ham it and add a drawbridge from each base that lowers 20 sec into the game?

Pseudo-practice round, if you will.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 12:09 pm

I'm not too sure how to set that up. If it involves scripting I have no chance.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 12:15 pm

Hah well I wouldn't know how either, was just throwing a potential fix idea up in the air :P

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 1:35 pm

What is this actor that is causing problems with practice time? Is it even needed?

Also to do the 20 second wait on a mover to lower or open. Just use a scripted trigger. Should be a function called ACTION_WaitforTimer set it to 20 seconds then add another sequence to the scripted trigger with ACTION_TriggerEvent and set the event to the name of the mover blocking players from doing track that u want to be lowered after x amount of time.

Reference: http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:ScriptedTrigger

You can always look at other maps and see how they did it. Socio's Assault maps use lots of scripted triggers to do all the movers in his maps. However you can probably fix your problem by just removing whatever this actor is.. Its a really simple map.. what is this actor?
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 1:47 pm

I'm going to delete the actor. It modifies the time. Anyway, there's a sodding BSP hole in the track that needs fixing as well :(