RACE-SprintRace(EMP)

For posting your maps.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

RACE-SprintRace(EMP)

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 14 Feb , 2014 7:02 pm

File: https://www.mediafire.com/?3ce9j5c41n6st4b

Credit: Naabis

Pretty straight forward map in the style of something like ... Aztec? More a race than a trial, but as it has trial elements I added the mutator. Basically three 'straight' tracks (hence the sprint) with a heap of obstacles - movers, jumps, pits of doom, a maze. Each track is between 1 and 1.5 miles long. Vehicles are EMP to start with, although this can change. There is an element of difficulty attached (especially to tracks 2 and 3 - track 1 is a piece of piss), but this definitely a race. There are no 'slow' sections. This is also an endurance race of sorts - all the tracks have a kill zone or two attached, primarily in the pits of doom. I've only given the cars 1,000 HP each (the original amount), so they'd better treat the bloody things carefully. There shouldn't be many issues, I've tested it all. I didn't change most things, just fixed them up.

Spawn Area:

Race 1:

Race 2:

Race 3:

Out of maps now :cry:
Last edited by Azarael on Fri 14 Feb , 2014 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Uploaded.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: RACE-SprintRace(EMP)

Post by iRobot » Fri 14 Feb , 2014 7:25 pm

oh god this.jpg

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 8:25 am

Oh earl I forgot to mention this the other day. When I tested map the movers/rotating movers had no collsion or partial collision. Not sure if you were aware of this and already fixed it or not. (Can't verify atm)
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 9:20 am

The rotating movers for objective 1 I fixed with a blocking volume underneath - it's still a bit dodgy, but you won't fall through and there is definitely collision. The vertical movers seemed to work for me, but I'll verify. The ones I do know were a bit dodgy were the rocks on route to objective 3, and I fixed them. If the vertical movers are a bit dodgy, I'll change them to the new rocks.

I caught the last 5 minutes of last night's session, and judging by the amount of rage being sprayed around the new rocks definitely work!
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 10:22 am

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:The rotating movers for objective 1 I fixed with a blocking volume underneath - it's still a bit dodgy
I'll try it out when I get home. I can fix that up for you if needed.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 1:45 pm

Thanks. I also need to make the objective 3 mover section easier - too difficult at present

taries

Post by taries » Sun 16 Feb , 2014 7:59 pm

Naabis maps = craps fts
His trial maps are not bad, but that bugs in each...

Socio

Post by Socio » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 10:43 am

Dont forget to mark the areas that will harm you with some fluid-surface (fire emitters in the bowl section of track 2?) or something.
Getting damaged and not knowing from where it cames from is quite confusing and people did RAGE on the moving bridges at track 3 as they didnt know what killed them trollface
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 10:52 am

Don't worry, I'll give it a complete makeover.

Needs more colour joinha

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 11:00 am

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:Don't worry, I'll give it a complete makeover.

Needs more colour joinha

fuu Not another rainbow race! My eyes can't take it! haha