Change frequency

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Change frequency

Post by Azarael » Fri 14 Feb , 2014 11:29 pm

Recently I've gleaned that a number of players have a problem with patch frequency or, so to speak, "everything changing all the time."

How widespread is this sentiment?

Satin
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Change frequency

Post by Satin » Fri 14 Feb , 2014 11:47 pm

I don't even know what you mean. What changes?

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 14 Feb , 2014 11:50 pm

To the balance and gameplay of Ballistic Weapons. We've noticed a decline in players recently on BW#1 and are trying to ascertain the cause.

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 2:26 am

Azarael wrote:To the balance and gameplay of Ballistic Weapons. We've noticed a decline in players recently on BW#1 and are trying to ascertain the cause.
To be honest I think most want to play what thy want to play in maps. Not what you want us to play. Balance is a hard one. We as I said before try to Balance teams so we have good games. Also some of the weapon nerfs ect... Gets old. You don't like something you sometimes make the weapon un useable ...Recoil set way off ect... Also not so good players such as myself never seen KS2 once in a great while a KS1.Yet the Pros get the best for being the best. Then they just kick our asses even more. Bottom line shit gets old. Most want to have fun and a good game. Like it was before

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 3:31 am

I thought it was well-known that I will use any weapon in the game if requested to do so. I'm aware that there is a faction which believes I nerf for myself, but the aim here is to get the game into a state where I don't have to adjust weapons anymore. Hence if someone suggests I've overnerfed a weapon, I will usually farm them with it to get the point across (see: dk and M46.)

As for maps (or in particular, Urban Hot Zone), I've only returned them in order to see if any change in population will be effected. My views on Urban Hot Zone remain the same as they were before and I won't have much inclination to play if it returns to being a topmap. I've always believed that quality and not the wishes of the majority should be the defining factor for maps, but I am forced to capitulate if there's even the slightest chance that removing crap maps is responsible for fewer players on the server.

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 4:27 am

Azarael wrote:I thought it was well-known that I will use any weapon in the game if requested to do so. I'm aware that there is a faction which believes I nerf for myself, but the aim here is to get the game into a state where I don't have to adjust weapons anymore. Hence if someone suggests I've overnerfed a weapon, I will usually farm them with it to get the point across (see: dk and M46.)

As for maps (or in particular, Urban Hot Zone), I've only returned them in order to see if any change in population will be effected. My views on Urban Hot Zone remain the same as they were before and I won't have much inclination to play if it returns to being a topmap. I've always believed that quality and not the wishes of the majority should be the defining factor for maps, but I am forced to capitulate if there's even the slightest chance that removing crap maps is responsible for fewer players on the server.
Way I see it weapons are made to hit what they aim at. Mars 3 pulls to the right and up fast. A 500 aim for a so called spam weapon aim is so far off now its a joke. After you nerf Dark star it was off 10 feet at I say maybe 30 to 40 yards. Yes im a Hunter ) Make shit hit wheres it suppose to. I would start with Zero recoil myself .Then adjust Hitpoints on them. As maps goes I myself should have but will start wrighting them down .Least shit maps. Like God Complex ect ...Just to big. Also ive noticed many have don't have much good to say about maps you changed. You opened up certin maps to stop Spam. Yet you made it worse. Myself I love fighting threw doors .Sometimes Old School is just better. ;)

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Post by CaptainXavious » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 5:13 am

Michie wrote:Way I see it weapons are made to hit what they aim at. [...] Make shit hit wheres it suppose to [...] After you nerf Dark star it was off 10 feet at I say maybe 30 to 40 yards.
At the risk of sounding insulting, this is exactly what the Aim Down Sights/Iron Sights key is for. Bullets will go when you aim them when your gun is shouldered, not so much when fired from the hip.

reload

Post by reload » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 5:29 am

Next to dk and michie I think I complain the most about your modifications but after a while I realize they are for the best. I believe you're doing a good job balancing the weapons. joinha

I never noticed the player count decreasing, but i don't play as much as I used to because I'm busy with school.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 6:17 am

I think an issue could be lack of convergency of the changes to "an ideal state". Of course it's a hard task, on the other hand nothing is being stanardized, everything is under a risk of getting a change (which isn't just polishing it) later.

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 6:44 am

CaptainXavious wrote:
Michie wrote:Way I see it weapons are made to hit what they aim at. [...] Make shit hit wheres it suppose to [...] After you nerf Dark star it was off 10 feet at I say maybe 30 to 40 yards.
At the risk of sounding insulting, this is exactly what the Aim Down Sights/Iron Sights key is for. Bullets will go when you aim them when your gun is shouldered, not so much when fired from the hip.
Aza was on and Ollie when I tested it .Best as I can. No different then most shooting into walls to see the pattern .Ollie request it to be fixed. Least in chat