Change frequency

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Re: Change frequency

Post by CaptainXavious » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 7:33 am

Are you referring to the aim offset after each shot from the recoil or the bullet not actually landing where the crosshair was the moment you fired? Outside of that, are you positive this isn't lag causing discrepancies in where the bullet lands?

I have a ping of 100-130 and have so far never noticed the bullets going off target while in aimed view.

Ollievrthecool

Post by Ollievrthecool » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 9:55 am

CaptainXavious wrote:Are you referring to the aim offset after each shot from the recoil or the bullet not actually landing where the crosshair was the moment you fired? Outside of that, are you positive this isn't lag causing discrepancies in where the bullet lands?

I have a ping of 100-130 and have so far never noticed the bullets going off target while in aimed view.
It is lagg. I see miches ping and its on average 150. If ypu want my advice, act like the weapon has bullet travel by about 0.05 seconds for the best result. Or, use an energy weapon like the A73 skrith rifle which does have bullet travel but high damage. Reccomended energy weapon for 100+ ping

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 4:10 pm

Ollievrthecool wrote:
CaptainXavious wrote:Are you referring to the aim offset after each shot from the recoil or the bullet not actually landing where the crosshair was the moment you fired? Outside of that, are you positive this isn't lag causing discrepancies in where the bullet lands?

It is lagg. I see miches ping and its on average 150. If ypu want my advice, act like the weapon has bullet travel by about 0.05 seconds for the best result. Or, use an energy weapon like the A73 skrith rifle which does have bullet travel but high damage. Reccomended energy weapon for 100+ ping
Its not my ping. Even though im around 108 most the time. I was just saying certin weapon are junk like Mars3 when you shoot it and it pulls up like that so fast. Also when I shoot into a wall 30 or 40 yards away Darkstar it was off by at least 10 feet. If my ping was that bad I would not play.Go fire off Mars 3 and you tell me. Fire a clip off

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 4:14 pm

You need to adapt to each weapons recoil. If the weapon pulls up when you fire, move the mouse down as you fire. It's difficult to master but you'll hit way more shots.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 4:37 pm

When you call a magazine a clip, I really lose faith in the idea that you know much about guns.

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 4:37 pm

iRobot wrote:You need to adapt to each weapons recoil. If the weapon pulls up when you fire, move the mouse down as you fire. It's difficult to master but you'll hit way more shots.
I know about Recoil Ive fired 100s of weapon in my lifetime. Some of which you will never heard of or ever will. What im saying some weapons in GAME are really junk. Sights off Recoil set way to high ect.. Ive never said anything before in all the years ive played.I was just giving my input to Aza why numbers have dropped as I see it.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 4:38 pm

The recoil was never meant to be realistic - if it were, it would hardly matter on most weapons.

The MARS-3 is actually one of the more popular ARs.

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 4:38 pm

Azarael wrote:When you call a magazine a clip, I really lose faith in the idea that you know much about guns.
If your going to nit pick words your an Idiot

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 4:40 pm

It's literally Guns 101. If you've fired hundreds of weapons and nobody has ever corrected you on the difference between the two, I'm a green dog.

Definitelynotjay

Post by Definitelynotjay » Sat 15 Feb , 2014 7:37 pm

I use mars 3 all the time, and i know that it's recoil goes up and right, but i still think its a great weapon. (ok
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.