admins

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
Coucounet

admins

Post by Coucounet » Sun 16 Feb , 2014 10:07 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm starting to be a little weary of eiforia's passing fancies. Latest one is changing players names with a -cry- root. She did it with mine this evening, did it a few weeks ago with papino, rybeck...in a nutshell, with tmb players and others. This is totally unacceptable. The name is almost the only user-adjustable thing in an online game, it's unbearable that some admins changed it their own way.
Never seen it on other servers, other games or any democratic country actually.
Yet the worst thing is that this behaviour is only the tip of the iceberg. Recently a lot of shity practices re-appeared such as flying, size reduction or incongruous vehicle summoning that are all likely to distract players and distort the game. Behaviours obviously observated on race map primarily because, as we all know, race is a lesser game type reserved for ungifted graceless noobs.
All these childish behaviours and nauseous ideology have a real detrimental impact on both gaming experience and server reputation, even if you can't observe it directly. The picture remains the same with homophobia, most likely still tolerated if not encouraged. I was told some players are gay, maybe some others didn't reveal it, and wonder how they feel when reading admins I wont name writing bullshit about guys sucking cocks and all this shity kind of talks. Maybe don't you understand the symbolic violence words can express.
Anyway, don't forgive UT2004, as its name suggest, is ten years old and its players are fewer and fewer. Maybe some admins should try to demonstrate them more respect to keep them.
As for me, I'm just asking for the respect of the integrity of my name and for fun.

++

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xu82wl4qbs5b5 ... .59.25.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/igmsk3514oyzc ... .53.00.png

Eiforia
Piska

Re: admins

Post by Eiforia » Sun 16 Feb , 2014 10:27 pm

So i did right that changed your name to Crybaby..
U cried at server, now here.. Coucounet please. You are the only one who complains.. ok and your bro.

Who is interesting in logs:
16/02/2014 19:35:48 Race in RACE-BlazingArena[Track3][REV]

About Crypino it was at OLDZ WE, 01/02/2014, 02/02/2014.

You can also look commands on player abuse at those dates.
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael

Coucounet

Post by Coucounet » Sun 16 Feb , 2014 10:50 pm

Didnt come here to discuss with you. Came here for the other admins discuss about you.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 16 Feb , 2014 10:57 pm

Posting to confirm I've read topic, but won't offer any input for now.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Mon 17 Feb , 2014 2:27 am

Topic read. No input for now either.

Anyway, if you intend to report, submit what exactly happened and when, and stick just to that, don't mix it with homophobia opinions etc. (if you want to sumbit an opinion there use relevant topic or start a new one). You can send it to my PM (preferred) or here.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 17 Feb , 2014 11:16 am

Coucounet wrote: I'm starting to be a little weary of eiforia's passing fancies. Latest one is changing players names with a -cry- root. She did it with mine this evening, did it a few weeks ago with papino, rybeck...in a nutshell, with tmb players and others. This is totally unacceptable. The name is almost the only user-adjustable thing in an online game, it's unbearable that some admins changed it their own way.
In my opinion this is a complete non-issue. Fair enough, you may have been upset about being singled out last night and I cannot defend against that. But to actively highlight the events of 'a few weeks ago' as being 'totally unacceptable' is hypocrisy when certain players, including some of those 'in a nutshell' players, were, to my recollection, encouraging this activity. And fun was had by all - it was megafun after all. I've also seen little evidence of abuse when it comes to 'flying' or 'ghosting' or 'whatever'.

Instead of moaning, why not just ask Eiforia politely not to change your name/s? A lot of issues could be sorted if players started using the words 'please' and 'thank you' more often.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 17 Feb , 2014 11:23 am

I don't know, prefer to stay neutral here but having your name changed against your will when you don't want it to is not 'fun for all'.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 17 Feb , 2014 11:37 am

iRobot wrote:I don't know, prefer to stay neutral here but having your name changed against your will when you don't want it to is not 'fun for all'.
In most scenarios, such as last night, I fully agree. But on the occasion highlighted, the OLDZ weekend (the map being Derby), there was little evidence to suggest anyone was at all upset (little meaning I can't remember anyone being upset and I apologise if this was not the case). None of the names were insulting in the slightest.

But my point is that if players started being more polite, and saying 'please' and 'thank you' a bit more frequently, then these issues can be avoided. I'm sure Eiforia would not ignore a polite request to stop.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 17 Feb , 2014 2:23 pm

The onus isn't on the players to prevent illegitimate usage of admin power. The ability to use it only when it is necessary is one of the qualities which is sought for an admin. Changename exists for use on violating nicknames and not as a toy to be used on everyone, with the excuse that some people consented and others were silent. Some people never comment and even if they did, using a majority opinion to justify any use of commands which serves no legitimate purpose, however trivial it may seem to anyone, is bad.

As for summoning, I know that it does happen because I've had to console disable my own vehicles to prevent them from being used this way. Last time I did that was at least a month ago, though. I don't play RACE much, and that is where such happens.

I don't care about fly/ghost except when used on the field of play, in which case it's interference due to distraction.

Lastly, I don't think asking certain admins to stop doing anything will meet with any response other than "cry", so it's no wonder people don't bother...

Coucounet

Post by Coucounet » Mon 17 Feb , 2014 10:38 pm

To Earl : oldz WE shall definitely not be an excuse for this kind of behaviour and isnt btw the real reason given that it kept happening after. As for talking politely to Eiforia, I didn't want to solve this matter in game and brought it here precisely so that it's not just a private conflict.
More generally speaking, I didnt brought this matter here to attend the public trial of Eiforia -who I appreciate when she doesnt screw me over- or any other admin. I love the server and am conscious that all the admins and players are part of its « balance » somewhere. Again, I'm just trying to underline that the abuse of power can have a detrimental impact on the general ambience.