admins

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: admins

Post by iZumo » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 4:35 pm

Wow this topic went on ..... OK. Pending changes to ClanManager are that cheat usage (will also add slapping / slaying / killing / toasting and some other cmds) will be logged and broadcasted in game, along with bans and mutes.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 4:47 pm

I just found it funny when Aza slapped me for killing him repeatedly :P... but nothing else than fun... isn't this what the game is about? us having fun? ok, if the admin persistently does it, and you asked him/her politely to stop, and he/she continues.. that is admin abuse, but I believe the staff is not abusive at all, with a simple "please stop... " you may earn more :)... anyway Bono congrats, you are the admin of admins ;) -> your name shall be pink LOL
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 4:49 pm

I use slap against players who deliberately typekill me if I'm responding to a question, yes. There's no reliable way to bind a command for god while typing.

taries

Post by taries » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 5:28 pm

Adim abuse again? trollface
For 3 years or so i had never felt that any admin is using his power in bad way, tho i dont play that much now (spec most of time), i think since it dont give any advantage/disadvantage to any team its ok. Renaming someone is... well if the person tell you that he dont like it then you shouldnt do it.

btw if I got admin powers, first thing i do is renaming Oliverthecool to Oliverthefool trollface. Dont take it personally, just when i see your name i cant help it xD

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 6:25 pm

Excellent, we all agree that every single member of LDG adims abuse their power from time to time. Anything else?

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 6:33 pm

Some more than others

;B

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 8:11 pm

Azarael wrote:Jester, you're a bitch. I mean, literally, you're a bitch, as in you took shit you didn't have to take, you rolled over like a good little pup and were polite to abusing admin(s) (dunno how many) and now you want to tell everyone else to sit down and shut up just like you did. It's not the way. Regardless of which admin it is, you can and should complain, otherwise nothing will change. The alternative to public complaint is that those with a problem simply leave, and the administrators have absolutely no idea as to why. This has been happening lately on BW#1.
Azarael wrote:I use slap against players who deliberately typekill me if I'm responding to a question, yes. There's no reliable way to bind a command for god while typing.
Erm, so why didn't you fuck with Butcher like you did with Jester a few pages ago? Abuse like abuse.

It's getting way too biased here (same goes for Oska).

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 8:31 pm

Yes, because using the slap command to discourage people deliberately typekilling me when I respond to queries is completely on the level of the pointless abuses illustrated hitherto.

I guess it's now Round 2 of the same bullshit we had in in-game admin chat, right?

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 8:39 pm

That's still an abuse, you outlined that yourself few pages ago. Wasn't my point tho, I just don't understand what's the reason why you stormed on Jester other than being biased (when Butcher and actually Oska stating the same about abuses on their account).
Azarael wrote:I'll state openly that I think the only reason you are in this thread is because you are partisan, and that if Jester had reported that I had been doing any of that to players, you'd take an entirely different view.
I fully agree here about Oska tho.
Azarael wrote:I guess it's now Round 2 of the same bullshit we had in in-game admin chat, right?
No, we have that settled. I'll put on the logging stuff in my evening today (wanted to do it yesterday, but got fever ._.), that will make very clear on how ppl are abusing their power.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 8:41 pm

If that is abuse, then I simply won't respond to any queries at all. I'm not going to risk being deliberately and cheaply killed by one of the few assholes who disrespects typing and then be told that doing anything about that is "abuse" on par with what's been outlined in this thread.

The point about Jester is that he, unlike the other two, mentioned that he'd been subject to countless examples of abuse and, to deal with each one, had capitulated to the abusing administrator. I find that personally disgusting. Why should you ever advocate rolling over and being polite to someone who is abusing you?