admins

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: admins

Post by iZumo » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 8:47 pm

Azarael wrote:If that is abuse, then I simply won't respond to any queries at all. I'm not going to risk being deliberately and cheaply killed by one of the few assholes who disrespects typing and then be told that doing anything about that is "abuse" on par with what's been outlined in this thread.
Well, you said that.
Azarael wrote:You said you agreed with Jester, who cited countless examples of low-level abuse, some of which I consider majorly game affecting (minimize/maximize and being slapped).
Not saying I wouldn't do the same; just as with the hampers or übernoobs in tanks or levis.
Azarael wrote:The point about Jester is that he, unlike the other two, mentioned that he'd been subject to countless examples of abuse and, to deal with each one, had capitulated to the abusing administrator. I find that personally disgusting. Why should you ever advocate rolling over and being polite to someone who is abusing you?
He said that he didn't care himself. It's different to when you first ask the administator to quit fucking with you and then complain here other then when you go complain here with something that is disproved by the logs (abt. the cry name change). Regardless, you didn't have to storm on him that way.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 8:50 pm

The point there was that usage of the slap command as idle abuse is game-affecting, unlike name changing, which has no effect when used pointlessly.

The paragraph in question from Jester:
Jester wrote:I had many "Admin Abuse" from few admins (name changed, slapped, maximised, minimised, ghosted, been killed by the command to kill a player with a self explosion etc..), the most of the time for no reason and sometimes when I wanted to play. Did I complain/rage about it ? No, just asking with a "please" and a "could you" as Earl said. Suddendly, I was back to normal and was able to play again.
Emphasis mine, and I read that part as suggesting that being polite to abusing admins and not complaining about it was the way forward.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 10:30 pm

Aside from telling the admin to gtfo, you can also normally ask to quit with messing with you. Don't see what's wrong with there or how that's disgusting. If that doesn't work (and assuming you're not a nuisiance) then indeed it's complain time.

I do have an understading that if an admin fucks with power too much it's rageworthy. I don't have an understanding why victims of that, if they don't care themselves, are getting stormed on because of that.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 10:35 pm

He implied that players should do that first, but there should be no onus on a player to simper up to the admin abusing against them before they're allowed to put in a complaint about it.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 10:37 pm

He said "should", not have to in order to be allowed to complain officially.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 10:47 pm

That marks his post as an opinion, but I don't take back my comments about him based on the belief he's affirmed.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Fri 28 Feb , 2014 5:03 am

FYI: more abuse commands are now broadcasted and logged.

Coucounet

Post by Coucounet » Sat 28 Mar , 2015 7:08 pm

Hello all,

I'm unearthing this old topic because the problem remains sadly the same. Like an hour ago, on Pieron, eiforia pointed her ion painter on the attackers's spawn of the first obj, killing me and others while I had just respawned and had no wp. When asked about it, she answered by several "fo". Moreover, she keeps having that very provocative behaviour, inviting me to go "cry" on the forum or harrassing me while I'm trying to pass over the shit. Earl, her friend, who was there, defended her and said he hadnt seen anything irregular.
A few days ago, for no reason, eiforia yet started "stealing" objs on several maps. When I replied insulting her, she threatened to mute me. I do perfectly know tahat stealing obj is not prohibited by the server rules, but an admin should play by the rules and not only the written ones.
More generally, the impunity of eiforia is less and less tolerable. Since months and years, she keeps taking pride of her power without never questioning herself or being called to order. A few weeks ago, she even answered a question I didnt adress her by a "your moma" in the main chat canal. A few days later, she baned a lot of people as a result of a spawn-kill complaining, without even minding what she was doing.
The problem is that she's definitely not behaving as an admin, and that there are no admins for admins. All admins here are doing their job, she's the only one behaving this way.
And, please, spare me the usual "cry baby" etc.
[EDIT] : connecting back to the server, she's puting her friends in flying mode (pic).https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhar4lnbghxuw ... 2.png?dl=0

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 28 Mar , 2015 8:32 pm

Coucounet wrote:Hello all,

I'm unearthing this old topic because the problem remains sadly the same. Like an hour ago, on Pieron, eiforia pointed her ion painter on the attackers's spawn of the first obj, killing me and others while I had just respawned and had no wp.
You forget that your spawn also includes an active tank, two hellbenders and a few scorpions, firing at a wall at OUR spawn. Defenders are given an ion painter for a reason - are you suggesting players are not allowed to use such? It's collateral damage, and contrary to your remarks in game, I did witness the apparent 'spawnkill' - I was at your base, spamming link at a hellbender.
Coucounet wrote: A few days ago, for no reason, eiforia yet started "stealing" objs on several maps. When I replied insulting her, she threatened to mute me. I do perfectly know tahat stealing obj is not prohibited by the server rules, but an admin should play by the rules and not only the written ones.
Utter rubbish. If you're referring to myself and Eify 'competing' for objectives at the garages, fair enough. You snooze, you lose. And your 'insult' was disgusting - you don't refer to players as 'sluts', and was witnessed by three admins in teamspeak. You're in the wrong here, you were lucky not to be muted in my opinion. This isn't the first time you've used this derogatory term against her.
Coucounet wrote: A few days later, she baned a lot of people as a result of a spawn-kill complaining, without even minding what she was doing.
Legitimately banned after a complaint by a 'trusted' member, and the debate is on this forum. As for the 'command abuse' seen today, well ban me too. I made people fly, slapped, struck, slayed. We play to have fun - there is no 'abuse', we don't allow flying players to even get close to the objectives, and we certainly don't place such commands on players we don't trust.

As for the rest, we've been through this before. You have a personal vendetta against Eiforia, and from what I've seen, you're constanly stoking the fires. If you throw enough shit, some sticks - you can't expect to throw insults such as 'slut' or 'whore' and whatever you yabber around in French between your band of brothers, and then not expect retribution.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Coucounet

Post by Coucounet » Sat 28 Mar , 2015 8:59 pm

Here comes the BFF bodyguard. Anyway, I didnt expect you to do any other thing than protect your friend, as usual. Not the first time she's blamed for her behaviour, but anyway again. Keep covering her.
Concerning the obj stealing, I don't even know what you're talking about with these garages... I'm talking of 2 scorp maps i can't even remember the name, nothing to see with any garage or something. And don't tell me I was lucky of anything. I was wrong idd to call her a slut in public, but she was wrong to obj steal before that, and you're wrong when you defend each one of her faults or forget to mention the way she talks to ppl (got a "fuck off" three times in a row for asking her to stop sk).
I also notice you didnt mention the "your moma" thing. Good.
But anyway again, cause I didnt come here to discuss with her or with you. I've known, since more than a year now, that asking admins to stop screwing up doesnt work.
I just came here to make the thing public, just like I did a year ago.