What do people want?

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Michie
Banned

Re: What do people want?

Post by Michie » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 8:13 pm

bOnO wrote:Why do you want him to leave so much? He told you what he wanted to do and he heard your arguments. Also not everyone agree with you, some are happy with the changes. Deal with it.
I don't think anyone wants him to leave. Hes the one that brought it up not any off us. Just cause most don't agree with certain things is no reason for him to leave. We just answered what the post asked us. We voiced our opinions is all. Personally im dealing with it by not dealing with it at all. fts

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 11:51 pm

Regarding donation commentary previously, and the whole idea of KS weapons being inaccessible:

If I make the required kills for KS1 and KS2 a function of the player's skill, will you be satisfied? This will, of course, require that the skill system return.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Sat 22 Feb , 2014 12:02 am

The skill system can be on & not be shown, why is that so hard to do.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 22 Feb , 2014 12:06 am

Because it's not my decision. Izumo wrote the skill system, therefore any decisions about its implementation are his and his alone. That's how we work.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Sat 22 Feb , 2014 12:16 am

@Michie: When I see iXtl "old buck steps back..." comment, what am I supposed to understand except that he wants Aza to leave his position? I'm sorry but I'd be Aza, I wouldn't take it good.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 22 Feb , 2014 12:17 am

I read it as an attack on my wisdom, with him as the old buck and me as the young buck.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sat 22 Feb , 2014 8:16 am

There can be a new skill system based on only K/D ratio, the numbers will be more fair

iXtl

Post by iXtl » Sat 22 Feb , 2014 3:17 pm

bOnO wrote:@Michie: When I see iXtl "old buck steps back..." comment, what am I supposed to understand except that he wants Aza to leave his position? I'm sorry but I'd be Aza, I wouldn't take it good.
You completely misunderstood my comment. It was reply for Michie, not for Aza.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Sat 22 Feb , 2014 5:13 pm

Oh sorry then, I got it wrong :S
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

focus

Post by focus » Mon 10 Mar , 2014 4:34 pm

6. Ok, dont allow KS2 donations from KS1. But its disappointing that basically, very few players are able to get access to such weps in game. Opportunity to get them by donation was really nice. Now, its gone. Maybe its possible to devise other way to distribute them? Not by donation, but some other way?
Come up with something.
I was thinking for some time about KS. Now i have idea. Sorry, that it took so long. I am kinda slow. Anyway, i think its better to post it here then let it vanish in vain.

The idea is as follows. As i said, the problem is that very few people now could be able to get KS2 weapons. So they maybe a lil bit jealous. I think its possible to provide relief to them. Just make it possible to obtain KS weapon as a gift. At random amounts of time, random players should recieve KS weapon from nowhere (which they have chosen in KS menu).
Level of KS is also random. There should be announcement to everyone, who receives it. And warning for the receiving player himself. Also it shouldnt interrupt ongoing battle for that player. I.e. auto-switch should be disabled.
Here is the question: should be rate of incoming gifts depend on number of players in the match? Or it should be constant?
I think yes, it should be dependent. Only player's chance of getting weapon should be constant, whatever number of players is present. This chance shouldn't be diluted as number of players grow. Although, the chance itself should be almost like a miracle. But i guess, everyone will hope to get it. This thing also might introduce some element of surprise in the game flow.

No other change in the KS system is necessary.

PS
Also, it might be interesting to increase chance of getting KS weapon for the players of the losing team. Especially, if only one player left alive in it.