Weapon models

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Rymosrac
Revolver Ocelot

Re: Weapon models

Post by Rymosrac » Tue 17 Jun , 2014 5:10 pm

It's certainly possible my opinions are colored by mostly just playing at local events, but akimbo D49's are a three round instagib rifle with good hip accuracy, and MD24's and MR-DR88's are both capable of killing with a single burst. Players favoring high-speed hipfire loadouts tend to get better mileage out of akimbo sidearms than they do out of hipfire-focused SMG's like the XK2.

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Tue 07 Oct , 2014 4:02 am

This was inspired by the recent changes to R9

And then I remembered about this thread and thought if I already have a highpoly sniper rifle in my hands, why not make that thing Ollie asked for.

Though it's not exactly the same, I think Ollie posted a photo of a sight magnifier. I decided to go for a scope with canted sights.

My suggestion is that the one with fire and ice paint could be a new skin for Azarael's version with various ammo, and the one with the scope could shoot regular bullets but work both at close and far range.
Or we can have all in one:

Posting this here mostly because I didn't get much feedback in skype, I'd appreciate it if you Aza take a look and say something.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Tue 07 Oct , 2014 10:41 am

Posting it on a platform such as Sketchfab would be fancy.
For example, this kind of render is possible and would be good in your case.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Tue 07 Oct , 2014 11:17 am

It's not a game-res model, it's a highpoly which would probably be later used for baking textures. It's around 2 million tris and weights ~300 mb. Also, I doubt that browser can provide similar quality rendering unless it's pbr (which doesn't exist for browsers yet afaik).

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 07 Oct , 2014 2:08 pm

All in one sounds like a good proposition.

Jester

Post by Jester » Tue 07 Oct , 2014 2:26 pm

Woah, if the R9 has the last skin I think I'll use it just for that. O=

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Tue 07 Oct , 2014 3:20 pm

How exactly does it shoot laser, by the way? And why you have to change magazine for that?
I thought it was incendiary ammo at first.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 07 Oct , 2014 3:30 pm

Laser ammo. Inspired by something I saw in a shitty Korean MMO I played years ago. It has laser ammo because I need an iron-sighted platform capable of cracking shields.

The R9 uses mag changing as a balance element for having so many different ammo types (it's not actually complete yet). Has the added benefit of being realistic, in opposition to the FSSG-50's shoehorned implementation. Had I succeeded in requesting a freeze variant when the weapon was actually in production, the FSSG-50 would handle in a similar way to the R9.

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Tue 07 Oct , 2014 3:47 pm

Yeah but I mean from a technical point of view. How does laser ammo work? I'm asking this because maybe I should make a second magazine which looks more like an energy cell?

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 07 Oct , 2014 3:53 pm

Ah. If you want to do so, then yes. That's pretty much how it works.