Forced Aim Iron Sights

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Michie
Banned

Forced Aim Iron Sights

Post by Michie » Sun 23 Mar , 2014 9:10 pm

Wanted to try to understand why some are being force to use iron sights ? Myself have custom sights instead of iron sights. Why do you want others to use what you want instead of what is offered to us in game ? My custom sights are useless now that im being forced to use what you want. Trust me its not helping at all. Its blocking my vision on certan weapons also. Thought that's why they offered custom sights/Crosshairs

Calypto

Re: Forced Aim Iron Sights

Post by Calypto » Sun 23 Mar , 2014 9:15 pm

Yeah, it blocks my vision too. Sometimes I can't see anything at all when it forces the gun right into my view, it gets really frustrating when I try to shoot but the enemy disappears. Please remove this or I am quitting.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 23 Mar , 2014 9:17 pm

There are no "custom sights". The weapon simply does not shoot straight from the hip. The reasons for forced iron sights were posted in the Changelog Discussion thread.

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Sun 23 Mar , 2014 9:45 pm

Azarael wrote:There are no "custom sights". The weapon simply does not shoot straight from the hip. The reasons for forced iron sights were posted in the Changelog Discussion thread.
Ive been playing with custom sights for years. Or maybe I should say (Crosshairs) .Just cant play like this being forced to play like you want. You think that some of don't aim but your 100% wrong. Just cause we not as good as the pros don't make us spammers. We do the best we can. Many factors goes into this Ping ect.. Good way to get rid of players if that's what you want imo...

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 23 Mar , 2014 9:57 pm

Heard it all before. Fact is, the majority of the people who have been set to forced aim are now actually aiming all the time, with no complaint or mention made of the fact.

The game was intended to be played with the damn iron sights. Just like Medal of Honor, just like Battlefield, just like Call of Duty. Deal with it. Everyone else does.

pilau

Post by pilau » Sun 23 Mar , 2014 10:06 pm

I second that. What's with all the bitching about? The whole point of this mod is the ability to aim.

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Sun 23 Mar , 2014 10:35 pm

Azarael wrote:Heard it all before. Fact is, the majority of the people who have been set to forced aim are now actually aiming all the time, with no complaint or mention made of the fact.

The game was intended to be played with the damn iron sights. Just like Medal of Honor, just like Battlefield, just like Call of Duty. Deal with it. Everyone else does.
Of course they are aiming all the time cause your (Forced) them to aim the way YOU want. Thing is some weapons get in the way of view. Plus the Force of iron sights is also slowing down movement when trying to get out of the way. Least it is for myself. ((((If hip fire don't shoot straight who or why fault is that ?)))) Other servers weapons do

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 23 Mar , 2014 10:47 pm

I'm so sick of spammers bitching about "a bloo bloo bloo ur forcin me to play the way u want!!!"

Iron sights are a default feature and in standard BW you cannot hit a damn thing without using them. You also need to understand the history of BW - it's NEVER had a central vision of what its gameplay was meant to be. I'm implementing such a vision, so yes, the way I think you should play DOES actually matter. If you disagree with me, you can try to convince me otherwise with good arguments or you can deal with it. There are enough people on the server that if I REALLY fuck something up, I will know about it.

The only reason you're even on the forced aim list is because you have a recorded sights frequency of ZERO PERCENT.

Definitelynotjay

Post by Definitelynotjay » Sun 23 Mar , 2014 10:47 pm

Michie. Stop bitching already. Yes, we get it. You don't like being forced to aim. But whose fault is that? Just yours. If you didn't want to be known as a spammer, and ultimately be forced to aim, then you should of played the game the way it's meant to be played.Otherwise, you can probably find another server that will let you hipfire to high heaven.
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sun 23 Mar , 2014 11:01 pm

That's it. I had it with your "sights" bullshit. I am quitting.