Forced Aim Iron Sights

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Forced Aim Iron Sights

Post by Azarael » Wed 26 Mar , 2014 5:42 pm

It's either this or you force a destabilisation of the game while I rework hipfire, again.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Wed 26 Mar , 2014 7:00 pm

Maybe some are not well informed:
I'll try to oversimplify and go to the trivial stuff, please do not take it wrong. if somethings wrong please correct it.
All this that I am about to describe happens when you are in HIP, which means that you are NOT using iron sights. Using automatic setting.
Just press the Right button in the mouse and fires! ... but...
-If you press it shortly it will shoot a single bullet or burst (depending of the fire rate and the length of your pressing). Normally if you aim to a specific point this first bullet will end up fairly where you are aiming. When the bullet has gone out then your aimed is moved, this means: you ain't pointing to the same exact point as before shooting. You may correct your aiming and shoot again.
-If you press it longer, then there are a series of bullets coming out at a specific rate of fire. The first bullet goes "fairly" to target, the second has a deviation due to the recoil. In some weapons is a random number, in some was or is weighted in a direction. The crosshair expands showing this effect, i. e. showing you how this random area of impact varies. You may in principle see it as a cone, where the final impact of the bullet will be somewhere inside it (The cone base area). Of course depends on how far of your target are you. Because after every shot you end up in a different aim as the initial point, then when you shoot several bullets in a row your aim becomes random. You cant correct this easily, and makes most your bullets not hit your target.
-if you press shortly several times the cone area of impact is reduced but exists. The random area of impact is dependent on the recoil value of the weapon and the time you allow it to retract from the random deviation. The fire rate, recoil and time for recoil to return are settings specific for each weapon.

When you use iron sights (what they call aiming), then the same happens, the difference is basically that your random area where the bullet ends up is reduced severely as also the random variation of your aim is almost negligible.

In very simple words:
HIP 1 shot Shooting -> Accuracy middle ->Low damage, low Damage rate
HIP Pulse shooting -> Accuracy middle-low ->Low damage, middle Damage rate
HIP auto shooting -> Accuraccy none -> almost no damage
IRON SIGHT 1 shot Shooting -> Accuracy 100% -> Max damage, Low Damage rate
IRON SIGHT Pulse shooting -> Accuracy high ->Max damage, middle Damage rate
IRON SIGHT auto shooting -> Accuracy high -> High damage, Fast Damage rate

Somewhere between the last two is the optimum.
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Wed 26 Mar , 2014 8:14 pm

Azarael wrote:It's either this or you force a destabilisation of the game while I rework hipfire, again.
Thank you Aza .Im greatly appreciated of your effort (=

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Wed 26 Mar , 2014 11:22 pm

Simplest solution would be to make hipfire damage deal 85% of base damage :idea:

pilau

Post by pilau » Thu 27 Mar , 2014 12:38 am

All the moaning and hate on this thread make me really wonder if some of you are actually being sarcastic. Because otherwise you're just being ridiculous. Aiming down sights is the single most significant addition of BW, because it actually improves your ability to hit anything. (Have you ever seen how real weapons are used in real life? You'll see through why it makes sense to aim down sights then) Moreover, Aza has specifically adjusted BW Pro mechanics to make iron sights even far more beneficial to players (yes, by nerfing hipfire). So unless you guys are being sarcastic, you come out looking very immature IMO.

reload

Post by reload » Thu 27 Mar , 2014 5:54 am

Calypto wrote:Simplest solution would be to make hipfire damage deal 85% of base damage :idea:

But then it wouldn't be realistic.

iXtl

Post by iXtl » Thu 27 Mar , 2014 10:40 am

To be honest, if in the game there are two modes of aiming, it is unfair to force someone to use one mode only. Game conditions and factors should be such that preferable mode of aiming is mostly choosen. You shouldn't blame the players choosing the most convenient for them aiming mode. If there is only one proper aiming mode, then force it to all. If not, stop whining about aiming mode (this or that). Personally sometimes I prefer iron sights, sometimes mobility with hip fire and have no problem with any of them and with any of players using any mode.

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Sat 29 Mar , 2014 1:15 am

iRobot wrote:Man this server sure does have a hate campaign against Michie. Guy just wants to play the game how he enjoys it, same as the rest of you.
Correct. This is Discrimination 100%.I cant jump and fire ks1 is useless.G5 forced me to scope mode. Like I said make it the same for everyone not just a few. Bad enough I play with a high ping and now force to play the way you want me too. No one plays the same. Also I cant run and fire weapon. Real fucking fair.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sat 29 Mar , 2014 7:19 am

Can you even use the laser guide on G5?

Definitelynotjay

Post by Definitelynotjay » Sat 29 Mar , 2014 9:19 am

@Michie

A. We are making it the same for everyone. We are making it so people play with sights.

B. There isn't a single player ere that can run and fire their weapon. Even ground

C. Don't get me started on high ping.
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.