Jump Spammers

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Ollievrthecool

Jump Spammers

Post by Ollievrthecool » Fri 28 Mar , 2014 6:44 pm

Ok... this is starting to get on my nerve
In some games, you cannot shoot when you are in mid air. seems people like to do this and hope to get kills. This shouldn't be the case. Should you be able to shoot while in mid air or should there be some restriction to Jump spamming?
Also, on another note, in your opinion, what do u think a spammer is?

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Re: Jump Spammers

Post by Butcher » Fri 28 Mar , 2014 7:32 pm

To shoot in the air shall be accepted, the point is how your accuracy be when you shoot in the air? UT has many big jumps, you have many points when you are in the air, and actually your performance in it depends on how you move, so jumping dodging and all other stunts makes shooting in the air a necessary trend...
Spammer in my concept is the one that "Most All the time spams". Sometimes you need to spam, but not always and all the time... so those who just don't adapt to the situation, but just spam are the spammers : ^^
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Ollievrthecool

Post by Ollievrthecool » Fri 28 Mar , 2014 7:46 pm

Butcher wrote:To shoot in the air shall be accepted, the point is how your accuracy be when you shoot in the air? UT has many big jumps, you have many points when you are in the air, and actually your performance in it depends on how you move, so jumping dodging and all other stunts makes shooting in the air a necessary trend...
Spammer in my concept is the one that "Most All the time spams". Sometimes you need to spam, but not always and all the time... so those who just don't adapt to the situation, but just spam are the spammers : ^^
I know what you mean but what I am on about is if you just hit the jump button as many times as possible while at really close range. what your trying to say is about lift jumps, dodge jumps and jump pads. I totally understand how they work and what you say. a good example of the players use cx61 from close range at spam. to avoid people who aim, the press the jump button as many time as they can... which does have a huge advantage from close range and sometimes long range

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Fri 28 Mar , 2014 8:14 pm

When you are moving the damage received is lower than when you are static, and this I think you may not change it in the UT because the weapons give a vector with direction and intensity, and this is added to your movement vector.
So the one who aims gains accuracy and damage and potential higher inflicted damage, but looses the momentum and the reduced damage by movement.
The one who jumps reduce damage inflicted by having lower accuracy but the damage received is lower too. Furthermore, the movement in the correct direction adds to the damage. This means: forward dodge with shotgun from hip impact inflicts more damage than a statically aiming to the opponent impact.
You will always see the best players in UT never stop .... just move... the issue with the jumping is that the opponent may predict where you are going or going to land, in contrast to when you dodge... but thats another topic :)

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 28 Mar , 2014 8:19 pm

Won't even consider preventing firing in the air.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Fri 28 Mar , 2014 8:41 pm

No idea what weapons there are on the BW server otherwise I could give you examples, but spamming is imo:

Firing projectiles without actually trying to hit someone but just hoping you will get lucky and hit something.
Ergo a spammer is someone with (usually) low skill that just fires into an enemies direction, hoping to hit something. (pretty much compareable to a button-smasher in "beat 'em ups")
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Fri 28 Mar , 2014 9:01 pm

Azarael wrote:Won't even consider preventing firing in the air.
LOL... im tired of reading so much Aza, please make your text shorter troll2

reload

Post by reload » Sat 29 Mar , 2014 5:15 am

I had a really hard time trying to understand what you wrote. How exactly does jumping make it hard to hit someone at close range?

pilau

Post by pilau » Sat 29 Mar , 2014 11:15 am

kiddingme

The ability to jump around and yes, shoot while jumping around, is one of the foundations of arena FPS gameplay. Take it away, or thwart it - and what does that leave you with? CoD.

Instead of moaning over it, I in fact would consider that as a skill, and the players who use it against me as better skilled players than me. Try to learn from them and apply on the battlefield.

You can fiddle with the principal mechanics of the game that much before people would start losing interest. (i.e. Michie)

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 29 Mar , 2014 2:24 pm

All that needs to be said has been.