Oldz TK rules

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Oldz TK rules

Post by Azarael » Sun 06 Apr , 2014 4:57 pm

I just session banned a guy for TKing on Grand Canyon, forgetting that it was OLDZ. Apparently it is permitted during OLDZ Assault. The question is, why?

proof
Banned

Re: Oldz TK rules

Post by proof » Sun 06 Apr , 2014 6:56 pm

Because its OLDZ, forgot that already?
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 06 Apr , 2014 7:00 pm

Thank you for that fucking useless post.

While I am aware that the purpose of OLDZ is to allow the players to do all the shit they used to do in the past, TKing doesn't serve the interests of anyone. Spawnkilling and baserape, glitching, etc were all considered legitimate strategies - a means to an end of winning the game. Teamkilling isn't a strategy, it's just done to grief, same as balancer abuse (which is banned).

If you're going to post again, offer some useful input, cause I don't see why I should ban anyone for balancer abuse during OLDZ if TK is permitted.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sun 06 Apr , 2014 7:34 pm

Azarael wrote:Teamkilling isn't a strategy, it's just done to grief
oh look who suddenly started caring about "griefing" or "hampering" in OLDZ. Didnt we just had a discussion like that about mmm 3 or 4 months ago? Back then the argument for team hampering being allowed was "because its oldz". What happened for this bright insight to happen, Aza? If you would be just a common player complaining Id say "gtfo and deal with it, thats the rules!" But since youre an egocentric admin you can always change the rules fitting to your needs. Made a mistake? NP, just change the rules so that mistake becomes legit. joinha

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 06 Apr , 2014 10:57 pm

Why not just clear it up here and put a blanket ban on spawnkilling in any gametype.

There is no reason teamkilling is ever required.

Donnie
Forever Alonnie

Post by Donnie » Mon 07 Apr , 2014 7:55 pm

BabyDontHurtMeNoMore wrote:
oh look who suddenly started caring about "griefing" or "hampering" in OLDZ. Didnt we just had a discussion like that about mmm 3 or 4 months ago? Back then the argument for team hampering being allowed was "because its oldz". What happened for this bright insight to happen, Aza? If you would be just a common player complaining Id say "gtfo and deal with it, thats the rules!" But since youre an egocentric admin you can always change the rules fitting to your needs. Made a mistake? NP, just change the rules so that mistake becomes legit. joinha
+1

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 07 Apr , 2014 8:17 pm

BabyDontHurtMeNoMore wrote:
Fuck off with your ad hominem and argue the point instead of my own motivations. You will not succeed in making this about me. If I fail to convince other people of the merit of my position, nothing happens to the rules, so you can also shelve your retarded suggestion that I want the rules changed to cover a mistake, especially when I have nothing personally to gain from either outcome of this "discussion". If I'd wanted to cover it up, I simply would not have mentioned it again. Ever think of that, genius? It's so horribly boring to watch people with no trace of ability to argue or debate resort to "bias! bias! bias!" all the time.

Your topic is here: http://ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2386 Strangely, yes, I do support one player taking the ion tank and idling in it to balance CatRaceTrack which is a shitmap and an OLDZ racemap. If you think that's on the same level as targeted teamkilling (when CatRaceTrack is an OLDZ map PRECISELY because it is defense-stacked garbage), then you're being deliberately obtuse. I don't support purposeless teamkilling on any map and I mention that it's an OLDZ racemap because OLDZ is primarily composed of them, it's the racer crowd who want everything fucked up. But it's nice to see that your position is inconsistent; you didn't give a shit when I failed to ban you under the same logic for abusing the balancer to balance a game, did you?

Please note that I said "grief" and not "hamper". Don't put words in my mouth, I'm perfectly fine with hampering on an overpowered team in OLDZ, because there's an actual legitimate purpose to it. TKing by contrast serves no purpose, it's just done so that some idiot somewhere can feel like an edgy fuck.

With that out of the way, can you, and I understand this is going to be difficult for someone whose only tactic is to make direct attacks on the person, actually address the point without making reference to me, my motivations or any other irrelevant crap? Yes, you don't like me. I don't like you either. We get it. And no, before you post it, "OLDZ has no roolz :((((" is not an argument, because it DOES have a rule (no balancer abuse) and the motivation behind that rule is EXACTLY the same as the motivation behind banning teamkilling.
Donnie wrote:+1
The "thanks" button had better still be broken for you to shitpost that.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Mon 07 Apr , 2014 11:19 pm

I only read the first half. My point in that thread was that one team had the ion tank, the other team didnt have it because of 1 person blocking it. Isnt that the same useless shit as teamkilling which doesnt serve any purpose other than destroying the map currently being played?

I dont feel like arguing this case because my case back then was something similar and therefore just troll around and throw around some accusations because its ridiculous that suddenly you changed your mind after you did a mistake, you realize that yea?

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 08 Apr , 2014 10:36 am

When comparing a map like CatRaceTrack to GrandCanyon, your argument falls flat. One is playable, the other is just a troll map.

I can see Azarael's frustration when people are teamkilling in 'pure' assault.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 08 Apr , 2014 11:35 am

Unfortunately, decent players are few and far between. It is sad that there was nobody able or willing to hamper the ion tank on both teams. Regardless of that, the intent there was to balance the map and make it more playable, whereas in this thread's case, a player shield gunned another off the GC lift just to amuse himself.

I've seen that other staff are reading, thoughts?