RACE-SunkenCity

For posting your maps.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

RACE-SunkenCity

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 01 May , 2014 5:13 pm

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?7x6115739n5vyn9

I'm not 100% happy with the underwater decor at present, but that map is pretty much complete barring a few minor changes. 5 objectives, medium length. Hellbenders and Levellers. The style is very similar to Volcano Race (used the Unwheel track meshes again), but I wanted this race to be a little less tricky and a bit faster.

Thanks Elfy for your help, especially in finding those monsters :D

I'll upload it this evening some time.

“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

proof
Banned

Re: RACE-SunkenCity

Post by proof » Thu 01 May , 2014 7:25 pm

About the underwater decor youre not quite happy with, if you need ideas you can have a look at a map I made in 2007 which I won a mapping contest with:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/f46d6 ... Phase1.rar

I took some of the ideas from AS-AbyssLite, so you could also have a look at that one.

//edit: There are two missing packages. UnWheelMappingT... and UWSMDecoMesh...
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 01 May , 2014 7:57 pm

Ah, those packages are on the server so I didn't add them in. Hmm, I'll link those two packages but I have a feeling you might be need the whole UnWheel package.

https://www.mediafire.com/?83si6r50iwe54jp

Thanks for the link, I'll look at both maps. The underwater decor is definitely not finished, as I lost patience today :D
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Thu 01 May , 2014 8:07 pm

Yea, losing patience, tell me about it :P

//edit: Yea, I suppose youre right, now a few more packages popped up when opening it up in the editor :S Ill just wait until I get to play it on the server and tell say something about it ;)
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 11 Apr , 2015 12:52 pm

I'm going to try editing the underwater section to allow players to shoot through the transparent walls. The map really suffers during those two objectives - if one player gets ahead, hard to catch up.

Also, need to make this city ...

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Sat 11 Apr , 2015 3:53 pm

It's not very important but I have a graphic bug with the water: when you shoot a rocket in it from the road above, the water goes dark in a square area until the rocket hits the ground.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sun 12 Apr , 2015 10:15 pm

The fluid surface parameters need altering I think. That saying, I dunno if I can bothered to map anymore. Everything I do is 'shit'.

Can't fix that graphics bug - there are so many different volumes in the water to allow players to drive, I am not sure what is causing this.