Should LDG join the new Unreal Tournament?

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.

Should LDG host servers for the new Unreal Tournament game?

Definitely! UT2004 was fine and good, but it is time to move on.
8%
Yes! But keep the UT2004 alive.
79%
No! Let us stay within the UT2004 community.
13%

Total votes: 38

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Should LDG join the new Unreal Tournament?

Post by iRobot » Fri 09 May , 2014 4:46 pm

I'll commit to whichever game stays closer to the true UT roots of UT99.

Donnie
Forever Alonnie

Post by Donnie » Fri 22 Aug , 2014 5:12 pm

I voted yes, people want race and trials maps back.

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/sho ... races-back

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 22 Aug , 2014 5:30 pm

- Powerups (Berserk, UDamage, Large Health) currently have a visible respawn timer that appears when you are close to the base. This is an experiment to see if we want to use this functionality. Feedback appreciated!
wow dey r makin it so casual

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 22 Aug , 2014 5:35 pm

If they wanted to make respawn timing easier they would kick out the 1.1 time dilation. The intended respawn times are 30 for the 50a, 60 for the 100a and keg and 90 for the UDamage, but time dilation causes them to be irregular.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Fri 22 Aug , 2014 6:42 pm

I feel like the advertising/anticipation for this game will be the only thing that will let it succeed. It's like the horseshit Oneplus Android phone advertising:
A lot of media have previously asked us how we can sell such a high quality product at such a reasonable price, and we have told them that we can save money by doing the following three things:
  • Dramatically cut down on marketing spend: Instead of expensive offline campaigns, try and do more online marketing and have our fans help us spread the word.
  • Eliminate retail channel costs: While marketing is expensive, retail is even more so. I'd estimate that retail channels can cost anywhere from 20% to 40% of the final price of a flagship device from an established brand.
  • Not plan to make any money for two years: We are fine with not making any money on our smartphones for two years, to give more people the chance to experience the quality of our devices, and help us build a name. (Complete lie, people are eating this right up)

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Fri 22 Aug , 2014 7:18 pm

Donnie wrote:I voted yes, people want race and trials maps back.

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/sho ... races-back
I will for sure find time to get EMP in the game.

trollface

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 22 Aug , 2014 7:51 pm

Can you rather find time to split the mapvoting into playercount groups?

(=

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 23 Aug , 2014 12:06 pm

Transparency report: Michie is continually posting in the wrong threads in an off topic manner to bitch about BW. Posts removed.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sat 23 Aug , 2014 2:28 pm

Calypto wrote:I feel like the advertising/anticipation for this game will be the only thing that will let it succeed. It's like the horseshit Oneplus Android phone advertising:
A lot of media have previously asked us how we can sell such a high quality product at such a reasonable price, and we have told them that we can save money by doing the following three things:
  • Dramatically cut down on marketing spend: Instead of expensive offline campaigns, try and do more online marketing and have our fans help us spread the word.
  • Eliminate retail channel costs: While marketing is expensive, retail is even more so. I'd estimate that retail channels can cost anywhere from 20% to 40% of the final price of a flagship device from an established brand.
  • Not plan to make any money for two years: We are fine with not making any money on our smartphones for two years, to give more people the chance to experience the quality of our devices, and help us build a name. (Complete lie, people are eating this right up)
facepalm

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Sun 24 Aug , 2014 10:04 am

I'd love to see BW Pro in UT4. Even if you simply convert the existing weapons for the new engine, when properly converted they will look way better then they are currently - and I'm not even talking about the possibilities for building maps and new weapons. Also, this might be a solution to the decreasing playerbase problem (though quite an extreme one). You might attract lots of returning old players with BW title and if BW Pro will be among the first public mods for UT4, lots of new players as well.