The general concept of EFR

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Re: The general concept of EFR

Post by Skaldy » Mon 12 May , 2014 12:29 pm

Scrap all EFR imo - it would be the same for everyone and simpler. Out of 170 players on the current ladder, only 20 have ever used it and only 2 have used it "a lot" (cough!)

If people want to try new weapons, they should take the risk of dropping a bit of skill for a while ("who cares about skill" is a separate issue) but they potentially get rewarded if they find a weapon that matches their strengths and style better.

I'd prefer some minor benefit to using random weapons, instead of the EFR system. That alone would encourage weapon variety, and not require any issuing of console commands. Random is also more usable as a selection now that the "different switchweapon number" issue has been resolved.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Mon 12 May , 2014 12:33 pm

"muuuh skill" is a nice summary of this thread and the concept of EFR.

As for:
iRobot wrote:To use Aapchen as an example - one strong weapon can propel you to higher skill bands. When weapons stopped being hidden, he stopped playing. That is how strong the M46 RDS was in its prime.
Even though I bet that you believe in what you said, I corrected that for you.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 12 May , 2014 12:36 pm

Weapons being hidden didn't really have any relation to the RDS hitting like an instagib rifle though.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 12 May , 2014 12:48 pm

Another useful post by Öska. Jesus, I'm going to have to update my ignore lists if this keeps up.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Mon 12 May , 2014 12:54 pm

Azarael wrote:Another useful post by Öska. Jesus, I'm going to have to update my ignore lists if this keeps up.
Aren't you the one mocking everyone and saying "muuuh skill" every time? It seems to me like trolls don't like to be trolled on here.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Capaco

Post by Capaco » Mon 12 May , 2014 1:05 pm

1. Remove EFR fully, i really dont mind or

2. I think EFR destroys the whole skill system in a way, even u say " i test a wep etc". I dont get why u cant make it like this:

The player using EFR kills/deaths and skill doesnt count, but if a non EFR player kills the EFR player the kill counts!
I still see no effort to put any bullets into an EFR player. There are ppl who care about skill and will always be sad the kill counted 0 and getting killed after by a non EFR and get in total -1 death.
Cant u make it like this`?

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 12 May , 2014 1:14 pm

You offered no constructive input, as usual, nor do you engage your brain when you post. I use EFR for the very reasons I've illustrated in this thread, so its loss is likely to cause me to LOSE skill. If you'd thought about it for more than two seconds you might have realized that.

@Capaco: It works the way it does to prevent EFR from being abused. If you gain skill from killing an EFRed player but the other player loses none, it can be abused to farm skill.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Mon 12 May , 2014 1:53 pm

Azarael wrote:[...] cause me to LOSE skill.
Whine - Azarael

I don't mean to offer any constructive point in that discussion. I only mean to show you how silly and "non constructive" your remarks can be in-game or on TeamSpeak when it comes to skill while you are always so strict and serious here.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 12 May , 2014 1:54 pm

Seriousness is what the forum is for. You never seem to get that. I say what I want in game or in TS, but what is written here is what matters.

One more dumb comment and you'll be the third person to be ignored here.

Capaco

Post by Capaco » Mon 12 May , 2014 1:54 pm

Azarael wrote:You offered no constructive input, as usual, nor do you engage your brain when you post. I use EFR for the very reasons I've illustrated in this thread, so its loss is likely to cause me to LOSE skill. If you'd thought about it for more than two seconds you might have realized that.

@Capaco: It works the way it does to prevent EFR from being abused. If you gain skill from killing an EFRed player but the other player loses none, it can be abused to farm skill.
I really dont think there is this way of thinking and abusing it, many ppl dont use EFR, but if they kill an EFR they should be granted. Is that really such an hard argument " farming"? i really dont think the way that this happens.