The Gnat Roars

Anything goes here. Keep it tasteful.
RoaringGnat

The Gnat Roars

Post by RoaringGnat » Thu 22 May , 2014 10:21 pm

After playing for so long I thought I'd share a little bit more about me and share a pic of my old tattered self.[img]
chia pet bry.jpg
[/img] I know you all just by your skins and the things you say while playing (and the number of holes you well-talented players manage to put into me! lol). But I do sometimes wonder about who you are and what you're like in person, although the personalities of many of you shine through in game play--and some of you sound like real hoots! I have had a blast since day one.
I am 56, probably one of the older players on this site and it was my 13 year-old son that got me hooked on it. For thirty years I have been plagued by headaches for which no doctor has been able to find the cause or cure for, and this game provides a distraction from that pain. So you guys are part of my therapy. :)
I am half-German. My mother hails from the small town of Dorfen in Bavaria. I actually went to first grade in a German school. My father--who was in the Air Force--was stationed in England at the time, so Mom grabbed me and my brother and took us to Dorfen. I wore lederhosen, did my homework on a slate, took baths in a metal tub in the keller (Boy, do I feel old!), and by the end of the school year had forgotten most of my English. Every year when Dad got his 30 days off, we went to Germany. In 1972 he got stationed at Rhein-Main Air Force Base near Frankfurt, and in '77 when he shipped back to the U.S., I stayed. I lived in Gross-Gerau and worked in Darmstadt at the Stars and Stripes newspaper. I left in '79. It was a good life and I have many fond memories of my times there.
But now I live in New York with my wonderful wife, Gail, my dog, Remi, and my cat, Kaiser, on two acres right next to the Canadian border. When my health allows it, I do chores around the home, work on wood projects and do graphic designs on the computer. I am teaching myself photoshop. I have a cheap Monoprice drawing tablet and am working up some ideas to sell on the Zazzle web site. The rest of the time I am allowing myself to be your favorite target. :)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: The Gnat Roars

Post by iRobot » Thu 22 May , 2014 11:16 pm

Think I've seen you playin a few times. Cool to read, thx for sharing.

Definitelynotjay

Post by Definitelynotjay » Fri 23 May , 2014 8:27 am

Hello there Gnat. I used to play for a baseball team called the sand gnats. :)
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.

Capaco

Post by Capaco » Fri 23 May , 2014 8:55 am

Hey there :-)

RoaringGnat

Post by RoaringGnat » Fri 23 May , 2014 12:43 pm

iRobot wrote:Think I've seen you playin a few times. Cool to read, thx for sharing.
If you saw me playing on Freon then you probably noticed that I spend most of my time frozen. I don't so much play as just pose for the other team. :) I love the game tho. I have seen you from time-to-time as well. Glad you enjoyed my post. If we should engage one another in a future game, just wave at my frozen image as you run by.

RoaringGnat

Post by RoaringGnat » Fri 23 May , 2014 12:58 pm

Definitelynotjay wrote:Hello there Gnat. I used to play for a baseball team called the sand gnats. :)
Hello back at ya! The Sand Gnats? That's funny! I chose "Gnat" because it's so small and insignificant and doesn't really do much but buzz around and annoy--which is about how I play--and "Roaring" because even though I know I'm going to wind up in last place, I go in with all the gusto I can muster.

I played Little League baseball when I lived in Arizona back in 1969. I was the oldest and worst player on the team, kinda like I am here. :)

RoaringGnat

Post by RoaringGnat » Fri 23 May , 2014 1:01 pm

Capaco wrote:Hey there :-)
Hey there Cap! I'm pretty sure you've frozen my assets on several occasions.

RoaringGnat

Post by RoaringGnat » Fri 23 May , 2014 1:04 pm

Definitelynotjay wrote:Hello there Gnat. I used to play for a baseball team called the sand gnats. :)
Forgot to say that I get a kick out of your signatures, especially the "poke with stick" one. Makes me laugh out loud every time I read it.

Capaco

Post by Capaco » Fri 23 May , 2014 2:49 pm

I really respect u and your playing and not worring about how often u die, u just have fun in the game, even at erm...higher ages ^^
same like bufty, even michie,

i dont know anyone playing that shooters ( or even pc games) at this age.

:)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 23 May , 2014 3:02 pm

gizmo no longer oldest player omg