The Gnat Roars

Anything goes here. Keep it tasteful.
RoaringGnat

Re: The Gnat Roars

Post by RoaringGnat » Fri 23 May , 2014 3:51 pm

Capaco wrote:I really respect u and your playing and not worring about how often u die, u just have fun in the game, even at erm...higher ages ^^
same like bufty, even michie,

i dont know anyone playing that shooters ( or even pc games) at this age.

:)
Haha, oh, I DO get frustrated at times! When I'm playing a twenty minute game and spend 19 minutes as a popsicle, I do mutter some choice words under my breath. But the funny thing is, that on the rare occasions when I do find myself playing well, I feel bad for the other players. I mean, those guys shouldn't be getting shot by me! The Gnat! It's like the universe is out of order! However, the next time I play and I'm getting killed every 2.3 seconds, I know that balance has been restored and everything is as it should be. :)

As for older players, there is another server I play on, "Git'r Done" here in the states that has several players in their fifties and sixties, some of them former military. Bunch of great guys there and some of them play here as well. Ninjafrkn, Damn Skippy, Mozo and Mani are from that site.

The one thing I really can't do like you young'uns is type while playing. It amazes me how fast you guys write back and forth while still shooting the crap out of one another.

So, no, I don't take the game too seriously, because if I did, it wouldn't be a game anymore. I do my best and chuckle when that earns me last place. What else are you gonna do? :)

RoaringGnat

Post by RoaringGnat » Fri 23 May , 2014 4:23 pm

iRobot wrote:gizmo no longer oldest player omg
Haha...nope! GiZmo is a YOUNG 38! I am a fifty-six-year-old grey-haired Gnat that squints at his monitor through bifocals while adjusting his adult diapers and wishing his dentures would quit slipping.

Definitelynotjay

Post by Definitelynotjay » Fri 23 May , 2014 5:06 pm

RoaringGnat wrote: I played Little League baseball when I lived in Arizona back in 1969. I was the oldest and worst player on the team, kinda like I am here. :)
I'm clearly the Babe Ruth of little league :D
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Fri 23 May , 2014 5:58 pm

Nice to see a face to a name :) .... is not like you are running and shooting with your actual body, is just clicking in a kb and mouse, so don't worry about age, its more about eye-hand coordination training... of course if you are 12, you train it easier and faster but just look at Gizmo, he is older than most and kicks most asses... the only limits to what you are capable of are in your head :)...

.= Actually, I'm wondering how would some of you picture me? without really knowing anything about me, besides my gaming name and my comments in the chats and forum... jejeje
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Definitelynotjay

Post by Definitelynotjay » Fri 23 May , 2014 6:03 pm

Butcher wrote: .= Actually, I'm wondering how would some of you picture me? without really knowing anything about me, besides my gaming name and my comments in the chats and forum... jejeje
A homicidal maniac with a passion for dicing small furry animals.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Fri 23 May , 2014 6:19 pm

Definitelynotjay wrote:A homicidal maniac with a passion for dicing small furry animals.
lol... do you have puppies?
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Definitelynotjay

Post by Definitelynotjay » Fri 23 May , 2014 6:20 pm

Butcher wrote:
Definitelynotjay wrote:A homicidal maniac with a passion for dicing small furry animals.
lol... do you have puppies?
No. Got an 8 year old yorkshire terrier called Gizmo though. :)

RoaringGnat

Post by RoaringGnat » Fri 23 May , 2014 6:47 pm

Butcher wrote:Nice to see a face to a name :) .... is not like you are running and shooting with your actual body, is just clicking in a kb and mouse, so don't worry about age, its more about eye-hand coordination training... of course if you are 12, you train it easier and faster but just look at Gizmo, he is older than most and kicks most asses... the only limits to what you are capable of are in your head :)...

.= Actually, I'm wondering how would some of you picture me? without really knowing anything about me, besides my gaming name and my comments in the chats and forum... jejeje
Ahhhh, the age doesn't bother me, except when my bladder wakes me up in the middle of the night and my knees refuse to run. :)

As for practice, I think my skill level won't improve much beyond what it is now. I gain a little now-and-then by changing the keys for ballistic binds, but overall I think this is as good as I'm gonna get. It is possible a better computer or video card might improve my game, but I'm not willing to spend the money to find out that it doesn't.

And as for how you're pictured, Butcher...well....definitelynotjay, seems to have you figured out! :)

Definitelynotjay

Post by Definitelynotjay » Fri 23 May , 2014 6:59 pm

RoaringGnat wrote:....definitelynotjay, seems to have you figured out!
You may call me Jay, my good Sir.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Fri 23 May , 2014 9:51 pm

Nice to see a fellow New York Stater here at LDG. I wonder what people picture me as trollface