Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch (Loadout) REMOVED???????

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Ollievrthecool

Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch (Loadout) REMOVED???????

Post by Ollievrthecool » Thu 29 May , 2014 5:42 pm

Why???? that was a perfectly fine gametype. :( on a low playercount, it was a lot of fun in the mornings. AM is fun but deathmatch Loadout was a good way of getting a certain NEW weapon that was added and testing it. Please could you re-add it cos I love to play that gametype in a morning and having it not there will be no fun at all, since I will spend most of the time dead due to the bots and other players. I would love it if it was re-added. :cry: :cry: :cry:
(if its a bug, just mention)

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Re: Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch (Loadout) REMOVED???????

Post by Butcher » Thu 29 May , 2014 5:55 pm

Agreed. TDM & DM (loadout) are my favorites when server is empty... or low amount of players..
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 29 May , 2014 6:38 pm

Pickup gametypes are disrespected far too much. There are too many people who cannot use more than two different weapons.

Spin

Post by Spin » Thu 29 May , 2014 7:58 pm

Azarael wrote:Pickup gametypes are disrespected far too much. There are too many people who cannot use more than two different weapons.
So you will force them to use others.... Why oh why do you even ask yourself about playercount.

let me help you: http://www.thecompassstore.com/

P.S. I only like freon

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 29 May , 2014 8:01 pm

:roll:

Today on LDG: Knocking things before we've tried them.

ArenaMaster and ONS still use Loadout.

Ollievrthecool

Post by Ollievrthecool » Thu 29 May , 2014 8:05 pm

Azarael wrote::roll:

Today on LDG: Knocking things before we've tried them.

ArenaMaster and ONS still use Loadout.
this will only make people not come on in the mornings or early afternoons. the only way people start to come on is if they are playing DM Loadout and dm Loadout gets packed up then Freon starts. this will just make the playercount decrease more

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 29 May , 2014 8:10 pm

So what you're telling me is that you will refuse to play if you don't spawn with the same weapons you use all the time in every single gametype on the server?

DM and TDM were DESIGNED for pickups. You're all acting like Loadout is a fucking necessity and its absence destroys the core of the gametype. Loadout is a necessity for gametypes like 3SPN's (because no weapon pickups exist) and for locker gametypes where the BW swaps don't fit well with the original weapon roles, and preserving such roles is vital. This just stinks of whine.

FYI, the reason DM Load and TDM Load were removed is because of AM and TAM. I know some players are averse to pickup gametypes due to an inability to use more than a couple of weapons, but I did not anticipate actual tears over it.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 29 May , 2014 8:16 pm

Azarael wrote:This just stinks of whine.

Spin

Post by Spin » Thu 29 May , 2014 9:08 pm

Spin wrote:
P.S. I only like freon
play... not like

Ollievrthecool

Post by Ollievrthecool » Thu 29 May , 2014 9:37 pm

So what you're telling me is that you will refuse to play if you don't spawn with the same weapons you use all the time in every single gametype on the server?
Im not refusing to play, I just miss the game type and love to play it in the mornings with other players. In the morning, I just like to relax by choosing a weapon, shooting with it, killing with it then dying with it. its good practice and very relaxing. AM will only make me stay dead for help the map since some bots get stuck on bounce pads and camp in some places since there is NO anticamp. which can get frustrating when the 2 last bots wont die at all cos they are camping. When in dm Loadout, you can go up to them, with a weapon that u spawned with and couldn't find, and can easily kill them. and get the game done in some good time without raging ur tits off.