AS-Xenon

For posting your maps.
proof
Banned

AS-Xenon

Post by proof » Mon 30 Jun , 2014 4:48 am

Hi again,

as I told you I started working on a new AS map designed for LDG which means there is definatly going to be at least 1 Vehicle in it (maybe more). As a result from the Favorite AS-Map topic I see that the people who voted/replied prefer a classic Assault map with 0-1 Vehicles as support throughout most of the Map. The classic parts have to be skillful and not a complete mess of spam. Ill take that advice for the Map for sure but I would also like to know which Gameplay elements you would like to see in an Assault map. Traps like Junkyard, optional shortcuts like Hera or even something new? I already have a cool movement idea which Ive never seen before and which I wanted to use in a DM map some years ago (other than the standard liftjumps or slopedodges) but that never happened since I didnt touch the Ued from 2007-2013. Anyway, tell me what you would like to see :)

This is how the Map is going to look. AS-Glacier/DM-Reconstruct/DM-Sateca/DM-1on1-Incuvasion Mix for the Textures and Meshes, an orange/blue lighting for the interior like in Incuvasion and a greenish/blue lighting for the exterior like in Sateca. Like? Dont like? Are 3 colors too much since the common combo is 2 colors?

Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: AS-Xenon

Post by iRobot » Mon 30 Jun , 2014 10:04 am

Optional objectives are nice and add flavour. The first bridge on Glacier, the Hellbender on Damnation (previously a Goliath), the weapon cache on Convoy etc. If you could find a sensible place to put a few of these without making them so linear that you always get them anyway, it would be great.

I can't really comment on the colours/texture set as I don't care for it. As long as the gameplay is good..

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Mon 30 Jun , 2014 5:04 pm

iRobot wrote:Map looks good, but it looks a but too 'modern FPS' for my liking. As in, it's all brown and grey and no colour.

I appreciate the theme may be a dull industrial environment but it looks a bit bland.
iRobot wrote:I can't really comment on the colours/texture set as I don't care for it. As long as the gameplay is good..
kiddingme

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 30 Jun , 2014 5:13 pm

iRobot in inconsistency shocker!

;'D'D

Tehnix

Post by Tehnix » Sat 05 Jul , 2014 7:16 am

Looks good so far in my opinion.

If the map requires you to place a vehicle at a certain objective, then I would really like to have the possibility to destroy the vehicle by using traps as in junkyard. Maybe 2-3 different routes to do so, with one going straight through the defenders and the other two having traps to either kill the vehicle or delay it for quite a bit so you can deal some damage to it.

How about some kind of vehicle elevator, that brings the vehicle from a lower position to one a little bit higher by changing the gravity (if thats possible)? A possible trap could be to change the gravity for a short period, which gives defenders time to deal some damage to it.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sat 05 Jul , 2014 7:25 pm

For now I dont think Ill make an objective that requires to place a vehicle at a certain spot but I can implement a few traps anyway that wll destroy the supporting vehicle.

About the gravity, Im afraid that doesnt work. As soon as the gravity becomes positive (-950 is default) you will autmatically get ejected from your vehicle. 0 Is the highest possible which makes Vehicles with wheels float due to the suspension which pushes the vehicle into the air slowly as soon as the gravity changes.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sat 05 Jul , 2014 8:43 pm

The magnet on junkyard works with oposite grav doesnt it

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sat 05 Jul , 2014 10:08 pm

No, its an invisible mover shaped like a bucket.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sat 05 Jul , 2014 10:57 pm

Then just do that :P

Tehnix

Post by Tehnix » Sun 13 Jul , 2014 7:48 pm

how about a lowgrav part, similar to the one in Thunderstrom?