CnC Race Map problem

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Re: CnC Race Map problem

Post by darkelf » Sat 05 Jul , 2014 12:47 am

Didn't take long for a hate discussion to start.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 15 Jul , 2014 2:56 am

Ok I see some others have been adding C & C maps to the list.

Tisberian sun was readded.. Why? I thought it was the general thought to remove it due to it being broken. Has it been repaired?
Also mario was added. Why?
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Tue 15 Jul , 2014 6:55 am

Imo RedAlert is the most balanced one and thats why I like to play it the most like I mentioned already. Mario might be fun to play but its balancing is the worst of all three thats why once one team gets ahead in score the other team will never have the chance to come back. TiberianSun is okay, but I cant see it anymore.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 15 Jul , 2014 9:08 am

I added them back. Red Alert is the shittiest thing I've played in donkey's years. I don't see any sort of balance there whatsoever. Mario was requested by a number of players ingame, and as they are all lumped together in the same voting 'slot' I saw no reason not to re-add it. It is not like anyone takes C&C seriously anyway. And I will fix up Tiberium Sun later today.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Socio

Post by Socio » Wed 16 Jul , 2014 1:26 pm

It kinda is most balanced out of all CnC maps, but thats thanks to the fact that the stronger tanks appear late in the scoreboard (Allies light tanks do like 50dmg on hit, knocking you around is the most they can do in the initial phase) and when your team isnt stupid enought to build walls first and fund the other team a pair of Paladins... opposite to Mario where the game gets often set in one minute, when one team unlocks the tanks (4th touch of central keyhole, I think, Teleporter->Airstrikes->Garage door->Boom tanks, also the defence tanks have 400hp while, attackers have 600hp ones).
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 17 Jul , 2014 4:14 pm

Tiberium Sun fixed up. Basically just placed blocking volumes over the triggers to stop vehicles scoring (with an infopod in each base warning each team against trying). Works fine in testing. Will re-add later this afternoon.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 17 Jul , 2014 4:15 pm

Can you remove the cliff driving perhaps?

Does anyone think it's necessary to keep?

KvWThomas

Post by KvWThomas » Mon 21 Jul , 2014 3:00 am

iRobot wrote:Can you remove the cliff driving perhaps?

Does anyone think it's necessary to keep?
Cliff diving is the only thing I've ever done on a C&C map besides RS or RQ. So yeah I vote to keep it.
It is also the most (and only) 'challenging' thing to do in this map.

The only thing worse than C&C in UT gametype history would be unarmed C&C.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 21 Jul , 2014 9:49 am

KvWThomas wrote:
Cliff diving is the only thing I've ever done on a C&C map besides RS or RQ. So yeah I vote to keep it.
...are you serious? Driving on the cliffs and dropping in to the back of the base removes any challenge at all, removing the point of static defenses and is probably the sole reason people camp on the switches with a tank.

KvWThomas

Post by KvWThomas » Mon 21 Jul , 2014 1:32 pm

iRobot wrote:
KvWThomas wrote:
...are you serious? Driving on the cliffs and dropping in to the back of the base removes any challenge at all, removing the point of static defenses and is probably the sole reason people camp on the switches with a tank.
There is no real skill required to play C&C and people with a higher skill level don't really get a chance to show it on these maps. You either drive almost straight to the others base or camp in your own. Sure there are other 'challenges' but this gametype is laughable at least and thats what I'm trying to explain with my comment.

In my opinion people will always camp with overpowered tanks if they can.

There are only two ways to go; either seriously balance and fix this gametype or remove it. But I understand mappers would not like to spend time on this cause I wouldn't either. C&C also attracts players and as with RACE I understand the server cannot only rely on AS maps (/ players).