Spawnkilling in Megafun

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
iRobot
Junk Administrator

Spawnkilling in Megafun

Post by iRobot » Mon 07 Jul , 2014 1:05 pm

Why is spawnkilling permitted in this mode?

When questioned, people say "no rules in oldz", yet the gametype is clearly not oldz.
Last edited by Azarael on Mon 07 Jul , 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited title as it matches a previous topic

Jester

Re: Megafun

Post by Jester » Mon 07 Jul , 2014 2:06 pm

It wasn't supposed to be as for the TK rule (allowed for troll but if persistant > admin action against the player) ?

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 07 Jul , 2014 2:08 pm

Why must you insist in trying to fight for proper rules during shit weekend when you know the shit brigade will just block it or water it down into nothing?

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 07 Jul , 2014 3:37 pm

I guess I'm just seeking clarification on why OLDZ rules are being pushed in RACE and if it's allowed, then I'll do my part in ruining the playing experience of everyone and the server by trapping players into their spawnpoints.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 07 Jul , 2014 3:43 pm

...Can't argue with that. Well, shit brigadiers?

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Mon 07 Jul , 2014 7:37 pm

Jester wrote:It wasn't supposed to be as for the TK rule (allowed for troll but if persistant > admin action against the player) ?
Yes, at least thats what Socio told me 1 or 2 months ago during an OLDZ weekend when I was "spawnkilling" (It was rather ruining his Bender tower in his base for the lulz)
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Mon 07 Jul , 2014 10:07 pm

BabyDontHurtMeNoMore wrote:
Jester wrote:It wasn't supposed to be as for the TK rule (allowed for troll but if persistant > admin action against the player) ?
Yes, at least thats what Socio told me 1 or 2 months ago during an OLDZ weekend when I was "spawnkilling" (It was rather ruining his Bender tower in his base for the lulz)
You are ruining admin's pleasue of cheaply owning everybody in the opposing team, o I think it's a cheap way of how to get rid of you and other spawnkillers

trollface

Camping FTW!

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 07 Jul , 2014 10:50 pm

Izumo wrote:
BabyDontHurtMeNoMore wrote:
You are ruining admin's pleasue of cheaply owning everybody in the opposing team, o I think it's a cheap way of how to get rid of you and other spawnkillers

trollface

Camping FTW!
Instead of shitposting can you clarify the OP?

Why are OLDZ rules being pushed to RACE, what is the current stance?

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Spawnkilling in Megafun

Post by iZumo » Tue 08 Jul , 2014 10:25 am

</trolling>

The reasons are:
1) Naturally you can be pushed by Megafun bender towards objective (or rather, could, until checkpoints were made).
2) People are obviously basecamping.
=> both of which is very OLDZ like environment.
3) It would be too complex to have three sets of rules and that would result in stupid bans.

Pretty much, in OLDZ and Megafun RACE, spawnkilling is permitted. TKing is permitted to trolling level (not persistent). If there is a change in the policy, it should be the same for OLDZ and Megafun race.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Spawnkilling in Megafun

Post by iRobot » Tue 08 Jul , 2014 10:45 am

I am not talking about people sitting on edge of base with a hellbender. I'm talking about freshly spawned players who are weaponless.

Is it OK to spawnkill these people repeatedly? I have been a victim of it during megafun weekends.

Looking for clarification so I can opt a 'if you can't beat them, join them' stance. I'm sure people will enjoy being sniped to death by me.