iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: RACE-LLS-Forest-Race

Post by iRobot » Fri 15 Aug , 2014 4:03 pm

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Fri 15 Aug , 2014 5:34 pm

iRobot wrote:Please add a simple trial or something to stop noobs taking the Havoc, too.
My advice: put the havoc on a block which can only be reached with a running side dodge. That cant be really considered a trial and should hold most noobs off.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 15 Aug , 2014 6:03 pm

Is dragonfly definitely out of the picture? I thought it would work well with the trees, as it would give the drivers cover and therefore respite from being bombed every 3 seconds.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Fri 15 Aug , 2014 6:15 pm

I would prefer a Dragonfly too since the Havoc feels overused to me.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 15 Aug , 2014 9:54 pm

I would favour the Dragonfly, probably with a mixture of the two Atlas cars to give players a choice - battle the DF, or battle each other.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Fri 15 Aug , 2014 10:35 pm

I am slightly concerned there may be to much cover for dragonfly to be effective.

A trial course would cost valuable time to get the df and use it effectively. However like proof said.. a simple side dodge jump gap may be enough to prevent most from getting to it.

My idea is to have vehicle spawns on roof. Havoc's idea would be much so like death race with the two spawn locations separated and requiring to go to your teams vehicle. (first one there gets it).

As for the dragonfly. I think a similar system used on snow race would fit nicely.

But unless someone else wants to make these modifications you will have to wait till next week or the week after. Not much time on my end for a while.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 15 Aug , 2014 11:53 pm

I can trial out the vehicles. For now I'll just spawn them on the roof with teleporters.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Socio

Post by Socio » Sun 17 Aug , 2014 5:42 pm

There needs to be something done with the turrets, a few days ago I played the map and by the end there were 2 link turrets controled by the other team. Chain-linking they took out 3 of my teams Hellbenders in a couple of seconds (cant tell if the link turret is friendly or not from the distance and the lemmings keep driving in without probing them). Not really a balanced map if one team can waltz in between them while the other needs to struggle...
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sun 17 Aug , 2014 8:37 pm

Socio wrote:There needs to be something done with the turrets, a few days ago I played the map and by the end there were 2 link turrets controled by the other team. Chain-linking they took out 3 of my teams Hellbenders in a couple of seconds (cant tell if the link turret is friendly or not from the distance and the lemmings keep driving in without probing them). Not really a balanced map if one team can waltz in between them while the other needs to struggle...
Yah, turrets on bridges can go away or be reduced to just 1. Especially now that havocs will be introduced.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Donnie
Forever Alonnie

Post by Donnie » Mon 18 Aug , 2014 11:57 am

Add some dragonflies, havoc is overused. Also there is not any dfly map now, we need one.