Another UT-like game in the making

Anything goes here. Keep it tasteful.
Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Re: Another UT-like game in the making

Post by Butcher » Tue 27 Jan , 2015 12:45 pm

iRobot wrote:Spoiler: iOS updates are completely optional and you can also 'downgrade' to a previous OS quite easily if the later one is unsatisfactory.

That is all
Yap, can you 'downgrade' your apps too?... iOS without apps, excellent combination, now runs super fast but I can't do shit...

Appart from iCrap, I think Toxikk is just a new UT2k4. I have been always attracted to UT2k4 because of the game speed and movement possibilities, some how also Quake was like that. But for me the BW mod brings a new refreshing thing in the game. iron sights, limited ammo and sprinting, besides different weapon types make the game far more interesting that run and shoot. You need to adquire more skill in this way. I really don't find myself so amused by the normal UT2k4 online gaming, because the skill players are just timing pickups, shooting to high transit areas, guessing where the opponent is and memorizing maps. The game style permits a routine that is effective most of the times, which takes off, in my opinion, the 'each time is different' feeling I get while playing BW. I like variety, so is great for me to have the possibility to play with different weapons and in different play styles that suit better the situation and mood, rather than using the same proven to be effective tactics in the same maps.
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Tue 27 Jan , 2015 1:10 pm

I know what you mean. I do like Loadout, Sights, Sprint - none of which are part of the standard Toxikk release, unless someone does a similar BW-style mod for it. I'm just involving myself in the Toxikk beta because:
  • any competition will make UT4 better
  • they are allowing dedicated server hosting
  • they are releasing the SDK for mappers & modders
  • there's no guarantee that UT2004 will continue to work on future versions of Windows

Greedisgood

Post by Greedisgood » Tue 27 Jan , 2015 5:40 pm

They promise to add a vechicle based game mode in the next patch, that should be much more strategically variable compared to current rocket launcher team camping. And no one is going to completly abandon BW as long as its breathing anyway. Even a massive studio will not be able to surpass what has been done here in a reasonable amount of time.
"Not one has eggs to chance" - Brötchen of Hellfire

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 27 Jan , 2015 5:58 pm

Most of the BW content can't be ported to UT4 I believe so it would be a case of starting from scratch, assuming UT4 does actually end up being popular.

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Tue 27 Jan , 2015 7:06 pm

Greedisgood wrote:And no one is going to completly abandon BW as long as its breathing anyway. Even a massive studio will not be able to surpass what has been done here in a reasonable amount of time.
Agreed, you won't get rid of me that easily. :)

UT4 is in the distant future as far as I'm concerned. And it's F2P, which irks me big time.

Ollievrthecool

Post by Ollievrthecool » Tue 27 Jan , 2015 9:12 pm

If you watch some of the videos that are posted on their Unreal Tournament 4 YouTube channel, they show off the characters being customisable like with hats, beards and glass and so on. OFC the stuff you have to buy is those kind of accessories. its not a pay to win scenario at this very moment.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 28 Jan , 2015 11:14 am

Buying hats? What a new innovation in the FPS market.

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Thu 22 Oct , 2015 3:21 pm

Greedisgood

Post by Greedisgood » Thu 22 Oct , 2015 3:52 pm

"Not one has eggs to chance" - Brötchen of Hellfire

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 22 Oct , 2015 4:34 pm

Is that Sage doing the commentary?!
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”