RACE-RaceWayAlpha

For posting your maps.
darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

RACE-RaceWayAlpha

Post by darkelf » Sun 14 Sep , 2014 1:19 pm

Map: RACE-RaceWayAlpha
Author: Payback (Converted to race by: dark_elfy)
Change Log:
-Converted to LDG Race mod. (Vehicles are Teamwork benders)
-Checkpoint system implemented.
-Objectives are now 3. All objs are garage style objectives. Obj 1 located on first turn where final obj used to be. Obj 2 is located on turn 4. Obj 3 is where obj 1 used to be. There will be no power energy core for two reasons. 1: it would require coding to make it usable by both teams and 2: just doesn't work for a two teams attack scenario.
-Bases have anti camp/spawn kill protection.

Side Note: Still working on this... I wanted to get some feed back before I continue it, as it is a very mixed feeling map among the racing population. I still have to finish up the scripted triggers to force players to restart after each objective is completed(just like in furry joleton race), I just ran out of time. I will most likely not be able to work on this map until next week.

Here is my current build atm if anyone wants to check it out and make suggestions on possible additions/changes.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b7vqf ... yAlpha.zip

Still not sure if this map will be good for server but got bored and felt like playing around.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Re: RACE-RaceWayAlpha

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 15 Sep , 2014 4:10 pm

I'll run through it and give you some feedback in a bit
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 17 Sep , 2014 3:40 pm

Issue: each curve requires a great deal of speed to get around. I tried first with the original 'speed' physics volumes in place, but these cause the nitrovehicles to go too fast and they either: a). become uncontrollable and plummet; b). fly over the curve and end up halfway to the moon; or, c). hit the curve and then stop, and you again plummet.

So I deleted each of these volumes and went again. I found that I could only reach the velocity required to circumnavigate the first curve with three successive bursts of full nitro - this immediately rules out any solo-benders from getting around (not at all a bad thing), but also means that a single repair, shield, or indeed any shot that knocks down the bender speed will result in a non-completion of the curve. And after I managed to get around the first curve, no combination of nitro and driving placement got me anywhere near completing the second curve; the distance is too great and the angle of approach too deep.

So I think the only feasible way of making this map work is to either somehow scale down the curves and the distance between them (basically the angle of approach to the curves is too deep for the bender to achieve the required speed), or to somehow alter the physics volumes already in place so that the nitrovehicles can achieve these speeds without becoming uncontrollable.

I think the garages are well placed, but if you manage to get this to work I would advise against a forced-respawn. I can imagine now the bloodbath at the beginning.

To be honest, I think this map is a complete no-go - it will take a lot of effort and time to get the nitrovehicles to effectively work. This should probably be just left well alone in the OLDZ graveyard.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 17 Sep , 2014 5:41 pm

Does the map really need nitrovehicles? The old benders are perfectly acceptable in some cases.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 17 Sep , 2014 6:34 pm

Better to keep this map in OLDZ than revert back to normal benders in RACE. Will just be spawn camping and first straight carnage.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Wed 17 Sep , 2014 7:44 pm

I didn't place the ldg karma limiting volume yet. Which should fix the drive ability of the map. Will try that when I'm back from my vacation.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 18 Sep , 2014 3:31 pm

Ah, didn't think about that. Should be able to fix it then hopefully.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Fri 19 Sep , 2014 7:53 am

You can add Megafun benders to the map by default.

trollface

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sat 20 Sep , 2014 12:58 pm

Well I fixed the volumes with karma limiting volumes..

The problem is with nitro vehicles. The normal benders seem to have a much more forgiving suspension compared to nitro vehicles. The nitro vehicles bottom out at speed much sooner then normal benders. So the vehicles were constantly bottoming out on the turns causing them to spin out of control or just stop dead in there tracks.

The solution I did was place karma limiting volumes on the turns to 2000. It works however.. That initial entry of volume is extremely touchy.. As the karma limiting volume's attack speed is instant. Thus making you go from fast speed to slow speed fast and furiously. Now I can probably fix this by changing the volume speed on the boosters around track to a lower speed or put a volume right before turn to a slower boost(gravity). Either way its still going to be extremely touchy.

So my questions is this.. Is there any better way to fix the problem of vehicles bottoming out at fast speed? It does seem to effect benders much more then any other vehicle. The scorpion/atlas seem to be unaffected and work surprisingly well(almost to well).

Current build: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4b997 ... pha[C].zip

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sat 20 Sep , 2014 1:42 pm

You can afterall use lolcar, I think we have too much bender maps anyway.