∞ Mute

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
Oska
The wise man

∞ Mute

Post by Oska » Mon 06 Oct , 2014 10:23 pm

Despite the fact that Azarael proudly claims to have me locally muted, he felt the need to globally mute me for no other reason than the fact that his personal feelings got hurt.

What I basically said to "deserve" that mute: "recent changes are mostly due to the fact that at some point he raged, and decided to make a change."

Mute me and do whatever you want locally I don't give a flying f*ck, but muting me globally just because you cuteness can't stand critics is I'm afraid a little bit too much :-)

The recent post "Do not bitch in game" should be renamed as "Do not me bitch in game" in that case.

Feel free to check the logs: Goliath the 6th of October 2014 at ~22:00 server time.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: ∞ Mute

Post by Azarael » Mon 06 Oct , 2014 10:33 pm

There is no such thing as a permanent mute.

On to the straw that broke the camel's back:

> WebAdmin: Red Team: 3, Blue Team: 4
> ~GrrrrrÖskå`~: the 3 step zoom is a fooking joke
> ~GrrrrrÖskå`~: just because aza rages when he gets killed it doesnt mean that he can shit on everything
> Clowns: nice one barba
> dk: is that what it is?
> Bufty is now on blue.
> Bufty entered the game.
> Server #1 (Multiple Gametypes) appears under Onslaught in the browser.
> Server #2 (Invasion) appears under Invasion in the browser.
> Mecha-Kirby: zoom is now "logarithmic"
> ~GrrrrrÖskå`~: my ass
> dk: i thought Aza had got bored agin
> ~GrrrrrÖskå`~: no
> ~GrrrrrÖskå`~: he raged on hl yesterday
> Mecha-Kirby: it doubles with each zoom level: 2x to 4x, 4x to 8x and so on
> ~GrrrrrÖskå`~: prbably killed in tunnels
> ~GrrrrrÖskå`~: with srs
> dk: so i could aim a g5 right up Oskas sphincter if i wanted?>
> ~GrrrrrÖskå`~: raged like a kid
> Mike received a Level 1 spree reward: JL21-MRL PeaceMaker
> Visit our forum on http://www.ldg-gaming.eu
> LDG accepts donations, V.I.P. status and increased mapvote weight is awarded to donors (10E / month).
> WebAdmin: Red Team: 3, Blue Team: 5
> Bufty: hi
> [Bitch]Jester: Hi o/
> Skaldy«: hi
> dk: hey
> A11: ok that was the warmup --- :p
> ~GrrrrrÖskå`~: "this kills me too easily, immma change it"

I am tired of seeing you piss and bitch about everything I do without even the most rudimentary understanding of what the fuck is actually happening. In this case, it's over a zoom change which was implemented because of Satin's request on Invasion for a zoom system with more power. While doing this, I implemented a more natural handling to zoom, which doubles the current magnification when stepping forward and halves it while going backward. Despite the fact that nothing about the low-level handling changed (minimum zoom level, aim time, etc) you decided that I had somehow "nerfed" the SRS because I left yesterday after being killed by it. The fact that this change was actually a buff left aside, it's yet another example of your modus operandi of accusing me of making a change which affects EVERY zoom weapon simply because I was killed by one of them. These accusations of personal bias have finally reached the point of irritation, and so I'm acting now.

If you continue to feel that you are justified in harassing me over well intentioned changes in a project you play for free, I will exercise my right to mute you for annoyance, which I am entitled to do. Be civil or get lost.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Mon 06 Oct , 2014 10:39 pm

Being civil would be to say so in game instead of saying so on the forum.

How I saw it:

You raged on Highlander yesterday, quitted in the middle of a game, 20 mins after there was a change log. I'm afraid that it can't be clearer than that

Regarding your personal bias, let's say that there are some weapons that got nerfed after you got killed with them too easily, I'm not the first one nor the last one to say so and I've never seen you saying "Be civil or get lost." to gizmo when he said that.

-----

Actually, explaining the reason for the changes while posting the change logs would clear things.
Last edited by Oska on Mon 06 Oct , 2014 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 06 Oct , 2014 10:40 pm

And it did not cross your mind that the changelog may have been posted because of the major buff to melee displacement?

That I do not post reasons is not a valid excuse for pulling such reasons out of your ass.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 06 Oct , 2014 10:43 pm

As lead (and only) balance supervisor, Aza can and will make changes on the fly if he feels it's needed.

You, as a player, need to deal with it.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Mon 06 Oct , 2014 10:44 pm

I personally don't see any relation between the melee changes and the zoom one, so no it hasn't crossed my mind.

You, as iTrollBot, hasn't been invited to this discussion.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 06 Oct , 2014 10:46 pm

The log was posted for a different reason - because I'd fought BARBApapa in the top area of Highlander (the lift corridor) with an X4 at close range and been killed by CX spam, because the fleeting melee disable was countered entirely by double jump. As in most cases where my failures of balance or implementation cost me, my concentration was broken and I RQ when my performance went to shit. Nothing to do with the SRS specifically. Since you and others have complained of useless melee for a long time, I'd actually believed that you would be able to sympathise with that changelog, but evidently I was mistaken.

I'd still like to know how exactly you read this zoom change as a nerf, because I'm not seeing how that can be a possible interpretation.

Additionally, the enum for zoom type has held the value ZT_Logarithmic for years - if you check the code for the Unofficial Fix, you'll even find it in there. This has been planned for a long time.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Mon 06 Oct , 2014 11:02 pm

I haven't tested it yet, and I most of the time don't understand all the changelogs details to be able to like or dislike it.

Regarding the zoom change, the second step in the zoom is way too localized IMO, on snipers I personally appreciate looking around and not necessarily staring at someone's butt.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 06 Oct , 2014 11:17 pm

The base zoom level (2x) is the same as it was before. Why would you zoom in to 4x if you needed to look around?

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Mon 06 Oct , 2014 11:31 pm

The mute was more than justified; in fact, it was needed.

This sums it up:
> ~GrrrrrÖskå`~: lol @ jump pad gone
> ~GrrrrrÖskå`~: "buuuh u are killing me on that roof :'("
> ~GrrrrrÖskå`~: "imma remove the jumpad

Should your insolence come before your thinking again, expect another mute.