AS-GrandCanyon2k4 Rebalanced Version by Calum

For posting your maps.
Conqueror

Re: AS-GrandCanyon2k4 Rebalanced Version by Calum

Post by Conqueror » Tue 10 Aug , 2010 12:33 am

Space in abundance is an asset to Grandcanyon, I'm glad he hasn't done anything to remove the 'pointless' parts - the forest is there for the alternate route, should the attackers choose to use it. Otherwise, people could entirely focus on the upper path.

shadownoon

Post by shadownoon » Tue 10 Aug , 2010 12:42 am

Conqueror wrote:Space in abundance is an asset to Grandcanyon, I'm glad he hasn't done anything to remove the 'pointless' parts - the forest is there for the alternate route, should the attackers choose to use it. Otherwise, people could entirely focus on the upper path.
My implication was not to remove the forest, simply to make more useful as an alternate route. At the moment it is spaced out in a way that really does waste the space, it's horrible to look at and it's useless unless there is a full house, in which case there would be a profound need in it, but if there are that many players- there would be too much spam.

If i was making the map i'd just duplicate the right path, put it on the left and lower it, with the exit being where the exit to forest is, then you have a path leading to the top of the 2nd to last obj and you have one leading to the bottom -what's the point navigating the forest? Most of the time, there really is no use in going that way at all.

]sNi[ShadowNoon

Conqueror

Post by Conqueror » Tue 10 Aug , 2010 9:51 pm

Not a bad thought, but I think a teleporter from the cave exit to the bottom by the cars would be a better addition. I think people don't use the low route due to the difficulty of getting down there, tbh. Landing in the water and walking to the cars <<< walking to the higher cars.

shadownoon

Post by shadownoon » Tue 10 Aug , 2010 10:05 pm

Conqueror wrote:Not a bad thought, but I think a teleporter from the cave exit to the bottom by the cars would be a better addition. I think people don't use the low route due to the difficulty of getting down there, tbh. Landing in the water and walking to the cars <<< walking to the higher cars.
Well, i totally agree with you, it is due to laziness but not completely. The top route holds a vantage point in which you can shoot anyone from long distance, on higher ground which increases the chances you have at dealing some damage but reduces your defence (as an attacker) because you can easily be taken down by minigun turret + avrils. My opinion is that the same -but in reverse- should be existent for the alternate route. Meaning, the alternative, lower route, should give you a quicker passage at the cost of firepower. So, make it so the bottom passage is scorps only with a shorter path that is better defended for attackers trying to reach the objective.

That was a bit of a mouthful but.. Well, i know what i mean lolz.

]sNi[ShadowNoon

Raven

Post by Raven » Sat 21 Aug , 2010 11:28 am

Hi,

may I use the map for my server?

Greeting
RavLau

calum

Post by calum » Sat 21 Aug , 2010 9:43 pm

yes go ahead and use this version for your server