Donations

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Donations

Post by Aberiu » Tue 25 Nov , 2014 2:48 am

It appears some people (aka Jay) don't want to get donations in game. Therefore I came up with an idea and I'd like to know what do you think about it.
There's nothing to explain actually, just look at the screenshots and you'll get it:

Image Image Image

The popup window prabably needs to be smaller though.
If you refuse donation or don't click anything for 10 sec, the donation is redirected to the next available player.

Another thing I wanted to sort of remind Aza is this:
Speaking of ks, I wanted to ask about one thing. Is it possible to change a donation system that once you donated ks2 it will reset your streak and you can earn another one without dying? Might be a reason for skilled players to use it - you can stay alive and still benefit your team.
Or maybe make the donation reduce the amount of kills needed to claim the next streak. Would provide a slight advantage but not a game-breaking one, since you should still stay alive really long to use it
I posted it in skype and he said it's possible but never mentioned if he is going to implement it or not.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Donations

Post by Azarael » Tue 25 Nov , 2014 2:55 am

If it comes to donation refusal I'd rather implement it as a general setting in the Ballistic menu, though I would remind you that the reason I chose to implement Donate to Jay is because I find complaining about getting donations THE most pathetic thing that I've seen so far on LDG.

The occurrence of 18 kills in a row is rare enough that I didn't bother pursuing the idea of streak reset. If anything, I would rather implement streak reset generally and have ammo tracking for KS weapons.

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Tue 25 Nov , 2014 2:58 am

The pros of the popup window are the following:
1) newbies who don't pay attention to chat will be reminded that they are actually getting something
2) if you are at 20 hp in a really fucked up situation you will not waste an unfortunate ks2 donation

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 25 Nov , 2014 3:15 am

When you receive a donation, an audio cue plays with an additional centre screen message. The other point is valid, but that's also something the donator should be managing.

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Tue 25 Nov , 2014 3:21 am

I saw people getting my ks2 without even noticing it. I can say so because those guys kept jumping around spamming their a73 for the whole round and didn't even try to switch to LAW or whatever it was. With that message a donator can at least be sure that someone like this who doesn't notice anything on the screen will not waste your effort.
The donator cannot really manage anything unless you donate in the beginning of the round, because donations are random.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Tue 25 Nov , 2014 5:06 am

Aberiu wrote:I saw people getting my ks2 without even noticing it. I can say so because those guys kept jumping around spamming their a73 for the whole round
bufty?

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Tue 25 Nov , 2014 5:13 am

You can have them autoswitch the weapon - image, spamming your A73 etc., then suddenly KS arrives and you have to aim
trollface

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 25 Nov , 2014 12:20 pm

I would suggest that any and all donations are not given to the player until the beginning of the next round.

You solve the problems of;

- Weapon not being noticed
- Weapon switching automatically mid combat
- Removes possibility of wasted donations (when surrounded by 6 people)
- Removes self KS wastes (you claiming KS then your team suddenly vanishing, only for you to die miserably)

Thoughts?

My own personal preference would be to extend this behavour to all KS weapons and not grant them until the next round, even if claiming for yourself, but that is a much more significant change.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Tue 25 Nov , 2014 1:03 pm

iRobot wrote:My own personal preference would be to extend this behavour to all KS weapons and not grant them until the next round, even if claiming for yourself, but that is a much more significant change.
If you want the aerosol, that you are low on health and that you have a KS1 waiting to be used, I'm not sure you want to wait the next round to receive it.
Last edited by Oska on Tue 25 Nov , 2014 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 25 Nov , 2014 1:08 pm

For that reason, I have stimpack in my loadout ;)