What is your opinion about the new content & changes?

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.

What do you think about the current balance?

I am fine with the new content and the weapon balance and the changes
63%
I am fine with the new content, but annoyed by the frequent balance changes to keep it in line
6%
I would prefer freeze of content, to get the balance settled at last - I do not like adjusting to the frequent changes at all
No votes
I would prefer reduction in the content and readjusting to a state we had approximately a year ago (late 2013)
6%
I do not care at all
25%

Total votes: 16

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: What is your opinion about the new content & changes?

Post by Azarael » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 5:47 pm

Skaldy wrote:Sure, but does the mutee get any feedback that they have been muted by the muter?
They don't. I can add it if required, I need to try to fix the mute resending functionality anyway.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 6:09 pm

Why should there be a notice? If you spout nothing but trash in order for someone to take time out of their life to open the menu and mute you, then you can suffer and continue spouting trash to an audience of you and yourself.

BladeSword

Post by BladeSword » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 6:19 pm

Personally some weapons can be a bit problematic, but as I see it; it's impossible to get perfect balance for three main reasons
1/ because of circumstances and level design who can favor certain weapons.
2/ because of the different handling of each weapons and so some people are better with a certain handling regarding an other handling type, this is also valid with the weapon tactics
3/ because every individual can tell that a weapon is cheated because they get killed by it rather quick ie for example like being one shot by it even if it actually required skill
I would like to add a fourth one but that one is self explanatory
We can't because we're humans
The only thing we can achieve is fair gameplay and overall balance which isn't bad everything considered.
An other detail that people should consider is that it's a mod with active development with feedback being taken in account much more than commercial games so think about it and think that every new weapon that is introduced is an opportunity to have new tactics.

Rymosrac
Revolver Ocelot

Post by Rymosrac » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 6:22 pm

I've got more than a dozen ghost votes from people who have been nothing but appreciative of the new content and balance changes we've been receiving for the past few years. Those people don't play on the server, and don't play BW more than once a month most of the time, but they've always expressed both astonishment and gratitude at the amount of work that Aza, Xav, Aberiu, Blade, Terg, and the rest of the contributors continue to make, and at how much fun the game continues to be.

I don't know what that's worth in the context of this poll, but there it is.

Mecha
V.I.P. Member

Post by Mecha » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 6:26 pm

Oska wrote:Who cares about the names and how is that related to balance?

There only a few players changing names, [...] butcher because he believes that changing his name will make his ping better[...]
I have to admit this made me laugh. ;'D'D

Anyway, in my opinion changes and new content are important to keep this game(mode) fresh. Because this game gets boring quickly if there is always the same crap over and over again. I see no purpose in going against changes/new content, it's like stopping progress right on the spot.
↑ ↓ A A B ← → A B ↑ A ↓ → → ← B ↑ ← A → B ← → A ← ↑ A ↓ A → ← B Select

I did it. Can you?

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 6:44 pm

You weren't the only one to laugh at that :lol:

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 6:50 pm

Butcher changing name also messes up my aimbot. I have to keep putting his new name in each time :(

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 7:00 pm

There are some of you that maybe think you know what I am convinced of, What I believe, or whatever I think... you couldn't be more wrong...
First of all since months my name has remained ö, except in invasion for obvious reasons...
Second of all I am sure my ping has nothing to do with my name... that is idiotic... so please Oska STFU, there are other reasons for the name change...
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 7:04 pm

Who pointer the laughter at you Butcher? I also lol'd that Oska is a retard :D
Butcher wrote:there are other reasons for the name change...
Which are? I kind of doubt that there are legitimate reasons for nick change if you're not an admin (for catching glitchers etc.).

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 7:57 pm

Butcher wrote:There are some of you that maybe think you know what I am convinced of, What I believe, or whatever I think... you couldn't be more wrong...
First of all since months my name has remained ö, except in invasion for obvious reasons...
Second of all I am sure my ping has nothing to do with my name... that is idiotic... so please Oska STFU, there are other reasons for the name change...
Well, I remember you saying that you were changing your name because of the lag. You said it a least once, maybe you were joking at that time.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael