What is your opinion about the new content & changes?

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.

What do you think about the current balance?

I am fine with the new content and the weapon balance and the changes
63%
I am fine with the new content, but annoyed by the frequent balance changes to keep it in line
6%
I would prefer freeze of content, to get the balance settled at last - I do not like adjusting to the frequent changes at all
No votes
I would prefer reduction in the content and readjusting to a state we had approximately a year ago (late 2013)
6%
I do not care at all
25%

Total votes: 16

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

What is your opinion about the new content & changes?

Post by iZumo » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 1:34 pm

Just out of curiosity, created a poll aimed at the balance changes. I tried to put some options to a poll.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: What is your opinion about the new content & changes?

Post by iRobot » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 1:56 pm

Not anonymous poll. Disregarded.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 1:59 pm

Why must you make my life even more difficult

Ollievrthecool

Post by Ollievrthecool » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 2:06 pm

In all honesty, over a period of about 4 months, the first three options seem to occur in a set sequence:

1. New Content, Balances and bug fixing
2. General Balances and bug fixing
3. Freeze in Production with minor updates

Yes Azarael has his neck up in work with the new content and a lot of bugs and balances to fix. He is not the almighty and not the most efficient at doing things. But its the same with the Admins and Mods. They don't come on all day everyday. They have a life. If you are complaining about someone not keeping up to date, if you had the power to code/model/texture/play a game, could you be bothered to spend 24/7 on that game?

Also, people complaining about a halt in production, that's up to the people when they want to stop and start their production of content.
If you could code, you would not liked to be bossed around by a bunch of people to do what they want. Its your code!

As for a rollback, why would you?
If you really want to play what we had in a previous year, there are many servers which play with Ballistic Weapons v2.5.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 2:13 pm

His point is that he doesn't want more content and disruption to the balance. This poll has the potential to put me in an extremely difficult position given that I have a lot of content creators at my back who want their new weapons implemented as quickly as possible, and should a vote against further modification occur, I will be left having to offend one party.

Ollievrthecool

Post by Ollievrthecool » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 2:28 pm

The weapons are always balanced (IMO). It is only made overpowered by the person who uses it. I used the A49 when it was a primary and it was underpowered. When the whole server started to use it, it was overpowered

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 2:41 pm

Azarael wrote:I have a lot of content creators at my back who want their new weapons implemented as quickly as possible, and should a vote against further modification occur, I will be left having to offend one party.
New content doesn't happen more often than once in a month or so, however.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 2:51 pm

iRobot wrote:Not anonymous poll. Disregarded.
None of the polls are anonymous. This is just lack of balls.
Azarael wrote:His point is that he doesn't want more content and disruption to the balance. This poll has the potential to put me in an extremely difficult position given that I have a lot of content creators at my back who want their new weapons implemented as quickly as possible, and should a vote against further modification occur, I will be left having to offend one party.
If such will be the case, it will be inevitable anyway. The reason why I created this poll, is that if that really is the problem here as suggested by the loss of skilled players, then the appropriate reflection certainly isn't taken and the only result will be a dead server and no winner.
Ollievrthecool wrote:As for a rollback, why would you?
Some people said they'd preffer what BW was about a year ago. I've added that for this reason.

Capaco

Post by Capaco » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 3:43 pm

I dont really care anymore, as you probably noticed, im not posting a lot anymore.

I dont like the recent amount of fakenicks on the servers. I did it myself sometime ago, but why cant ppl show their normal name while playing?

Best example, to show it at the end of the game when u been 1st. facepalm

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 3:48 pm

Top hypocrisy.