just got banned...

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: just got banned...

Post by iZumo » Sun 11 Jan , 2015 1:40 pm

We decided you'll get nick locked instead.
trollface

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Sun 11 Jan , 2015 2:52 pm

Yap, that's what I mean, I did not do anything wrong and I got a Nick lock?... What is the reason behind?
Anyway,I uploaded a video that proves my LAG (what I call jumping lag) in the game, further more, In that precise map few mins before I got banned. Also proves I did not change teams, I was still in Red. And you can see the log as well where Eiforia specifically is trying to bully me. This happens Not only in that map but in others as well. In my opinion she is partial and because of this I would like to ask the admins not to use her input for evaluating this or any other matter relevant to my case.
http://youtu.be/zNLTcHKBYWI
[Youtube]http://youtu.be/zNLTcHKBYWI[/Youtube]
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Sun 11 Jan , 2015 3:01 pm

The problem, if I understood correctly, was that you were in red, you left, someone got switched in red by the team balancer, and you joined back in red.
So due to that disconnection one player got switched, which breaks the rule 2b:
Rules for the UT2004 Servers wrote:2b) If a player is switched by the balancer as a result of your spectating, you may not rejoin the game without admin permission. Similarly, if it is suspected that you are reconnecting to the server in order to switch players and manipulate the balancer, action will be taken.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 11 Jan , 2015 3:02 pm

Rule 2b) was not broken. Because disconnections can happen for a number of reasons and the results of a disconnection upon the team balancer are not visible upon the disconnected player, 2b requires the administrator to have reasonable suspicion that the disconnection was an attempt to manipulate the balancer.

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Sun 11 Jan , 2015 3:07 pm

I'm pretty sure butcher didn't manipulate anything. I don't think he is the kind of person to do that.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 11 Jan , 2015 3:08 pm

He isn't.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Sun 11 Jan , 2015 3:12 pm

He probably didn't do it on purpose, but he did leave on purpose in order to "fix" the lag, and rejoined while in the meantime someone got switched.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 11 Jan , 2015 3:16 pm

Yes, but the result isn't what mattered, his intent is. If he leaves, someone gets switched, and he rejoins, it's not bannable unless there's cause to believe that he was doing it to manipulate the balancer.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 11 Jan , 2015 3:18 pm

While I don't agree with the ban on the basis of TB abuse, if numerous admins are asking you to spectate, you should do it. On this occasion, he didn't.

It is for that reason, I feel the ban is fair, rather than for suspected TB abuse.
4b) Admins are always right. If an admin gives an order, comply with it or leave.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Sun 11 Jan , 2015 3:20 pm

Yet if he leaves, someone get switched, and comes back, the switched player might not be happy about it.
How do you deal with the switched player then?

He was asked to spectate for that matter.