DM-Booyah

For posting your maps.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

DM-Booyah

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 21 Jan , 2015 6:43 pm

Some of the more experienced players among us will remember this classic city Assault map, complete with jetpacks and custom weaponry. Although the concept ultimately wasn't great, I did enjoy the map and so initially wanted to convert this to play on Invasion, but decided it could also work on #1. It may be, however, that the map will turn out to be too big and campy, but we'll see.

I've made a number of alterations, mainly revolving around roof access. Some of the roofs have been cut off, or ion cannoned, whilst the remaining all now have at least 3 routes for access (stairs and lifts). I fear it may still be a bit campy, but there are also a number of tunnels and open ground. Other alterations include some more lighting and cover.

Is it ok if I add the map and test out this evening? If it doesn't work out, it will still make a nice INV map.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r3gs7 ... Booyah.zip

“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: DM-Booyah

Post by Azarael » Wed 21 Jan , 2015 8:26 pm

Is this a modification of Zeitkind?

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 21 Jan , 2015 8:55 pm

There are some Zeitkind textures used, but this isn't a modification of one of the maps. At least, the version I modded from didn't credit such.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 21 Jan , 2015 11:47 pm

Way too big, I'll convert to an INV map then instead

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 20 Mar , 2015 12:53 pm

Hmm, decided to modify the map a bit. Deleted access to the top roof space, which pretty much halves the map size (I'll add kill volumes just in case someone finds a way up). I may delete the second layer if the map is still too big.