DM-CityOfThieves

For posting your maps.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

DM-CityOfThieves

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 07 Feb , 2015 5:33 pm

Finally finished updating the map and ironing out the glitches. Started with the AS version of this and wasn't aware that a DM version already existed, but it turned out to be the same anyway minus the objectives. Basically just completed general re-texturing and re-lighting; and, added various meshes (and lots of vegetation) to provide cover etc. Also added an extra 2 levels to the map, connected by a system of jump pads and teleports; also wanted to add a short tunnel section but, as the original floor is a terrain, I couldn't be bothered to mess around sorting this out.

Only thing I'm not too happy about is the texture used for the glass windows. I couldn't find a decent, opaque texture for the glass besides this blue one in the UCGeneric package - if anyone has a better suggestion for the glass, I would be more than happy to change the glass.

“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Re: DM-CityOfThieves

Post by Skaldy » Sat 07 Feb , 2015 6:30 pm

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sat 07 Feb , 2015 6:42 pm

You can actually make your own if you're willing to.

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Sat 07 Feb , 2015 9:01 pm

If you want it to be opaque I'd suggest to take a photo of a window glass instead of texture. Or add a cubemap.
On a side note, glass is never blue unless it's office building windows reflecting blue sky. It's either black in the daytime or yellow/orange when there's light inside (evening).

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 07 Feb , 2015 9:09 pm

Hmm, I suppose I could import something new. I'll do some investigative work, see what I come up with.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Sat 07 Feb , 2015 9:53 pm

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 07 Feb , 2015 11:33 pm

This is excellent, thank you! Exactly what I wanted (=

Just need to alter the lighting a bit more in places, but it's much better. Ta!

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Sat 07 Feb , 2015 11:46 pm

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sun 08 Feb , 2015 12:08 am

True, the skybox in use has been pretty much saturated by now. I'll do a bit of editing tomorrow, thanks again.

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Sun 08 Feb , 2015 12:15 am

It seems the cubemap from the glass shader got lost in the process btw. Or maybe it's just invisible from that angle, I dunno. One thing you should know however is that cubemaps appear to be bugged in UE2 and you cannot just rename them, you have to create a new cubemap in your texture package and assign my textures to it.