AK-47

For discussion of gameplay and weapon balance. This is a discussion forum and post quality is moderated.
Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

AK-47

Post by Skaldy » Fri 27 Feb , 2015 7:47 pm

OK, let's discuss it.

1) Primary - I don't see much of a problem.

2) Secondary - the knife is:
  • too accurate at long distance (physics)
  • does too much damage at long distance (physics)
  • travels too fast (physics)
  • can be held indefinitely and released instantly
I rarely use hip unless I'm caught unaware, so these are all based on my aimed experience.

As Butcher says, I don't mind it having the same mechanism as the A500. Or perhaps increase activation time, or reduce player movement speed. There must be some consequence of running around with it primed.

Capaco

Re: AK-47

Post by Capaco » Fri 27 Feb , 2015 11:27 pm

Nerf insta kill melee with AK, ty. Over 200 dmg by melee by weps is too much....when u see 3 great fire modes, primary, melee and knife. Perhaps primary and knife are enough for AK as firemodes

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 27 Feb , 2015 11:43 pm

Any suggestions for secondary? The only suggestion I've heard is damage over time.

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Sat 28 Feb , 2015 12:49 am

Knife poisons enemy with vodka. Your view gets blurred and your movement keys change in unpredictable way.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Sat 28 Feb , 2015 2:26 am

Aberiu wrote:Knife poisons enemy with vodka. Your view gets blurred and your movement keys change in unpredictable way.
lol... and you get sentimental and cry along with oska ...
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Sat 28 Feb , 2015 2:50 am

Another one: knife is magic, it turns you into a bear for 1 min instead of dealing damage. Bear is huge and his hitbox is twice larger than normal.

Qriminal

Post by Qriminal » Sat 28 Feb , 2015 10:18 am

Doesn't the knife only do 90 damage? I've been killed by it plenty of times, with people using the secondary first in CQB, was more impressed than angry. I guess toning down the melee damage would be cool, maybe less secondary damage/reserve ammo.

I feel that since the secondary attack is so risky, it might become entirely useless if the damage is reduced.
Velocitas Eradico - "I, [who am] speed, eradicate"

Mecha
V.I.P. Member

Post by Mecha » Sat 28 Feb , 2015 11:06 am

Another solution could be turning the X8 attachment into a static bayonet. Kills 'muh uniqueness' of the weapon, I know. If you still insist for unique attachments, here are some:

- Stun dart launcher (victim slows down on a progressive basis)
- R.I.P. bullet shooter (R.I.P. stands for Radically Invasive Projectile, a hollow-point bullet that splits into single fragments upon impact and causes internal bleedings)
- Dragonbreath shotgun shell shooter (sets a victim ablaze and causes DoT only)
- a mirror to check your backside (lol)
↑ ↓ A A B ← → A B ↑ A ↓ → → ← B ↑ ← A → B ← → A ← ↑ A ↓ A → ← B Select

I did it. Can you?

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Sat 28 Feb , 2015 11:25 am

Butcher wrote:
Aberiu wrote:Knife poisons enemy with vodka. Your view gets blurred and your movement keys change in unpredictable way.
lol... and you get sentimental and cry along with oska ...
Are you in love with me or something? Get lost friend.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Qriminal

Post by Qriminal » Sat 28 Feb , 2015 11:33 am

I don't think it really needs to be a static bayonet, at the very least nerf the melee (as that is particularly powerful) and a more radical solution would be to lower the speed or damage of the X8 projectile. It wouldn't make much sense to have the projectile do different damage from the actual X8 melee weapon's ranged attack, but I don't know the damage values for the X8 on it's own. I do know it's primary attack is pretty weak.

Dragon Breath rounds would be cool. I much prefer loading different types of ammunition as opposed to just an underslung [whatever]. That gives much more of a unique feel to a weapon, in my opinion.
Velocitas Eradico - "I, [who am] speed, eradicate"