For anyone using Windows 10

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
ZioFede

For anyone using Windows 10

Post by ZioFede » Fri 31 Jul , 2015 8:40 am

With thanks to Zio, Skaldy and Stanky for your inputs:

1). Keeping the 32 bit exe and set reducemouselag to false:

You'll need to change UT2004.ini :

[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
ReduceMouseLag=False (Game will crash in fullscreen if this is set to True)

Also recommend using the settings UseVSync=False and using MaxClientFrameRate=XX

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/13230/dis ... 585023562/

2). Using the 64 bit exe :

(Creates a separate ut2004-win64.ini file, and it's already set to use the Direct3d 9 renderer so you don't need to change it)
  • Download Unreal Tournament 2004 Patch v3369 [64-Bit Windows]
  • Under [Engine.Engine] in the ut2004-win64.ini, make sure you have RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice as your selected driver (although this should be the default setting)
3). Using the DirectX8 to DirectX9 wrapper:

Download link: http://enbdev.com/download_convertor_dx8todx9.htm

Unzip the file/s to the /system folder, keeping ReduceMouseLag=True

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/downloa ... aspx?id=35 is also required

God should have let Paul live and let you die instead, worthless piece of shit. -Mr. H&some about a random actor-

taries

Re: For anyone using Windows 10

Post by taries » Fri 31 Jul , 2015 9:02 am

Nice, can run it via normal exe again, tho I can change birghtness now o.O.
Other solution is run it via 64bit exe, and use OpenGL instead Direct, however no text2speech if you use it and when you minimize game it goes into windowed mode and cant go fullscreen until you turn it off.

ZioFede

Post by ZioFede » Fri 31 Jul , 2015 9:28 am

Moreover, both the direct3d 9 and opengl renderers have their performance and graphical quirks, so I don't suggest using them.

God should have let Paul live and let you die instead, worthless piece of shit. -Mr. H&some about a random actor-

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Fri 31 Jul , 2015 1:20 pm

Good, I was hoping someone would try W10 and UT2004. If anyone finds any other issues, let us know.
ZioFede wrote:ReduceMouseLag=False
If anyone had that set to true and has now set it to false, I'd also recommend setting UseVSync=False and using MaxClientFrameRate=XX instead. That restricts your frame rate to XX with less input lag, but note that it only limits it when playing online.
taries wrote:I can't change brightness now o.O.
Yup, I found the same with the 32-bit version of UT2004 under Windows 8.1 64-bit. I got a $3 Steam version recently to save me from re-installing from my original CD-ROMs.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Fri 31 Jul , 2015 1:45 pm

I'm on waiting list for the update... I'll post if I encounter issues...
@ Skaldy... have not seen you online lately.. come by to spend some bullets ;)
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

ZioFede

Post by ZioFede » Fri 31 Jul , 2015 3:03 pm

Skaldy wrote:Good, I was hoping someone would try W10 and UT2004. If anyone finds any other issues, let us know.
ZioFede wrote:ReduceMouseLag=False
If anyone had that set to true and has now set it to false, I'd also recommend setting UseVSync=False and using MaxClientFrameRate=XX instead. That restricts your frame rate to XX with less input lag, but note that it only limits it when playing online.
taries wrote:I can't change brightness now o.O.
Yup, I found the same with the 32-bit version of UT2004 under Windows 8.1 64-bit. I got a $3 Steam version recently to save me from re-installing from my original CD-ROMs.
Isn't UseVSync=False the default value? And aren't the frames already capped in multiplayer?

@taries: can or can't ? xD

Anyway personally I rolled back to win 7, 10 still looks too betaish to me. Wonder if this bug is either Nvidia or Windows 10 fault.

taries

Post by taries » Fri 31 Jul , 2015 3:05 pm

cant xD

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Sat 01 Aug , 2015 1:58 pm

ZioFede wrote:Isn't UseVSync=False the default value? And aren't the frames already capped in multiplayer?
Maybe - I assumed UseVsync default was true, but suggestion is still valid for reducing input lag If Windows 10 now needs the ReduceMouseLag option to be false. And frames are normally capped to 85 or something online (unless server allows?) but some players set netspeed 10001 to unlock higher frame rates on the client when they have a monitor that can handle more than 85 Hz. I do this with my 120Hz monitor. (And I would happily pay for a 240Hz one - it makes a huge difference to the immersion!)
Butcher wrote:Skaldy... have not seen you online lately.. come by to spend some bullets ;)
Hey Butch. Too much other stuff to play atm, but I may come back occasionally this Winter if I get bored. I just tried UT4 pre-alpha for the 1st time and it's like a crap Linux rip-off of Quake and nowhere near worth playing, so BW Freon is starting to sound tempting again.

Donnie
Forever Alonnie

Post by Donnie » Sun 02 Aug , 2015 2:05 pm

Ok i will download it tomorrow. Any issue on running UT2004 on Windows 10?

Donnie
Forever Alonnie

Post by Donnie » Wed 05 Aug , 2015 3:37 pm

The game is too dark. can't see shit