My soon-to-be new PC

Anything goes here. Keep it tasteful.
Mecha
V.I.P. Member

Re: My soon-to-be new PC

Post by Mecha » Sun 08 Nov , 2015 3:38 pm

taries wrote:You installed the original game or downloaded pirate version and added your old CD key?
It's a DVD version that was sold in a retail store. The key is still legit.
↑ ↓ A A B ← → A B ↑ A ↓ → → ← B ↑ ← A → B ← → A ← ↑ A ↓ A → ← B Select

I did it. Can you?

taries

Post by taries » Sun 08 Nov , 2015 4:07 pm

Try installing patch 3369, even if the game has the version 3369.

Nardaq_NL

Post by Nardaq_NL » Sun 08 Nov , 2015 11:30 pm

Izumo wrote:
ILoveTheNorth wrote:
Izumo wrote:
Mecha wrote:IMHO installing any Apple software is a waste of time.
Yes. Apple is crap.
Show me a laptop that has the build quality, robustness and innovation that a MacBook Pro has.

Windows Laptops can't even compete with a MacBook's trackpad let alone anything else.
MacBook isn't anything special, it's just for bunch of noobs who think Apple is some kind of fashion.
For ppl with to much money and simpleminded, so simple they gave it only "primary fire" ;B
ILoveTheNorth wrote:
Izumo wrote:
Yes. Apple is crap.
Show me a laptop that has the build quality, robustness and innovation that a MacBook Pro has.

Windows Laptops can't even compete with a MacBook's trackpad let alone anything else.
I'd say HP Elitebook/XPS series and if you want robustness u can get a hp Latitude
Image challenge)

Mecha wrote:Now before this thread falls victim to another derailing attempt, I'd like to give closure on this as it is no longer "soon-to-be".

PC runs fine so far, can play games properly on Windows 10 (yeah, made the leap and skipped Windows 7).
I'm telling you, it comes with trouble, leave others fixing issues in windows10 ^^
Except for UT2004, all it does is giving me the "CD key is invalid" error despite having tried multiple fixing methods (mouse lag thing, 64 bit, deleting inis, re-installing), but whatever.

Thanks for your support on picking the right hardware, though I had to make some price-adjustments. See you.
U have th 8 and B correct? it was an issue on the early batches where u not able to identify it was a B or 8.

try manually add the UT2004 registry (64 and 32bit are NOT the same)
oh and DON'T install UT2004 in /Program Files/ (Program Files is write protected unless running as administrator since vista, so install it on the D drive or c:\UT2004 for example

ILoveTheNorth

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Mon 09 Nov , 2015 1:48 am

Nardaq_NL wrote:
Izumo wrote:
ILoveTheNorth wrote:
Izumo wrote:
Yes. Apple is crap.

I'd say HP Elitebook/XPS series and if you want robustness u can get a hp Latitude
Image challenge)

Erm, the XPS or Latitude's trackpad are completely inferior to the Mac. Let alone PCIe SSD, Force Touch Trackpad, better screen gamut etc etc.

Mecha
V.I.P. Member

Post by Mecha » Tue 10 Nov , 2015 10:32 am

Alright, made it work again. Here's how:

1. I first completely deinstalled UT2004 from my system, including checking on regedit for leftovers.
2. Reinstalled UT2004 (standalone, prepatched to 3369) and ran it so that it creates a UT2004.ini file.
3. Opened the .ini and changed the renderer to OpenGL (which wasn't there the first time when I tried to fix it).
4. ????
5. Despair be gone, it runs again.

See you at weekend, I hope it doesn't crash sporadically.
↑ ↓ A A B ← → A B ↑ A ↓ → → ← B ↑ ← A → B ← → A ← ↑ A ↓ A → ← B Select

I did it. Can you?