Curious about race safety issues

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
hue

Curious about race safety issues

Post by hue » Sat 20 Feb , 2016 4:58 am

Hi folks,
forgot my old acc and email is destroyed so had to create a new acc sorry:) (rai)

i just want some general information on this bug or whatever it is, you know, the safety issue where
you can exploit people on the main server while they play race (is it a safety issue? dont even know).

Would be nice if you could tell me some things about it:D

So what exactly is it? Are only admins able to do it (like cm don or smth?) or everyone?
And what exactly can you do? Like, open tabs in the browser is one of the things i know now but how far does it go?
And, well, not that im really concerned about admins doing that (except one maybe), however, i still would like to know what ways there are to stop that, if there are any. F.ex an admin tried to open some shit on my browser but my pc stopped it through some programs i have running. I dont know about other things though and dont have knowledge on this field so I dont know what else galyptard can do. (And yes, I do think that he is highly retarded, in fact, he may have reached the highest plateau and I dont trust in him being an admin at all)
Even if I do write shit sometimes I think that admins should not resort to this shit and should be able to deal with it in a appropriate and nice way, like bono does. He makes sure that the rules are being followed, even if it means being hard sometimes. I wouldnt even complain if Izumo did it because i trust in his decisions and in him as an admin, (he may do it for trolling but noting else) not so for galyptard.

Calypto

Re: Curious about race safety issues

Post by Calypto » Sat 20 Feb , 2016 5:10 am

We will look into this issue immediately. In the mean time, we are reviewing galybdo's adminship.

Thank you very much for your report, it means a lot to us.

ILoveTheNorth

Re: Curious about race safety issues

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Sat 20 Feb , 2016 6:08 pm

Buy Macintosh people. Stay protected from the NSA (i.e. Calypto).