Objective Request...

For posting your maps.
Cryflex

Objective Request...

Post by Cryflex » Tue 29 Mar , 2016 11:18 pm

Hi,

I guess this will be for someone like Socio, Calp... etc. I was playing Ascend with DaveTheBarbarian, Dildo and a few others and thought of a pretty nice objective that would be interesting to have made.

I was about 8 levels up and had lost my car so I asked Dave to get a few cars out into the middle so I could jump and land in one by timing pressing e at the right time, I managed to do it (I'd done it before so I knew it was possible) and we spoke about it.

Basically, the objective that I'd like to see is a platform really high up where people spawn on and they have to jump off the edge, avoid certain obstacles while "free falling" and then at the bottom the first person to get inside a car wins that objective. If you time it wrong, you die on landing.

Is this doable and what do you think of it?

Successfully defeated Hamish twice with 7 day bans, without even posting even with him having admin "friends".(2016)

Calypto

Re: Objective Request...

Post by Calypto » Wed 30 Mar , 2016 8:12 am

Hi, welcome to LDG customer support. We value your opinion and will discuss the possibilities of your request. Thank you.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 30 Mar , 2016 11:02 am

With full health, you can survive any depth of jump with the use of a shield gun; so, without adding some kind of damage volume it isn't really very viable.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

ILoveTheNorth

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Wed 30 Mar , 2016 10:27 pm

Calypto wrote:Hi, welcome to LDG customer support. We value your opinion and will discuss the possibilities of your request. Thank you.
Lies. I thought LDG customer support was based in India? In which case, nothing would be discussed, the request would end up on someones to-do list, forgotten about.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Wed 30 Mar , 2016 10:35 pm

Of course it is in India. It costs 3x less and they're willing to be up sucking the customers' dicks at night as well
trollface

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 12:02 am

Cryflex

Post by Cryflex » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 12:39 am

Calypto wrote:Hi, welcome to LDG customer support. We value your opinion and will discuss the possibilities of your request. Thank you.
Thank you! Most customer support agents read a script requesting you try this that and the other even though all you're doing is giving a suggestion/request :P
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:With full health, you can survive any depth of jump with the use of a shield gun; so, without adding some kind of damage volume it isn't really very viable.
Good point, I didn't think of that. What about making the objective require full health or making it so if you stand on the floor you die, but cars are invulnerable? I don't know how hard that is to add in UT or even if that is possible? Just some thoughts.

What about making it so everyone is standing on a platform, the platform hurts them all a little and then the platform moves out the way dropping them all to the floor, if no one survives the drop then they respawn into a holding room and then they get teleported to the objective again, again hurting them, dropping them... etc

You could even make it so if no one survives the drop then no points are handed out, it's a lost/failed objective for both teams.
Calypto wrote:SNIP SCAM VIDEO SNIP
I had one of those try that with me last week, I had a lot of fun playing dumb with trying to find things like the windows button, all the time I was just stalling so that I could clone a virtual machine, I provided them access to it, only to surprise them with the operating system being Ubuntu instead of Windows to which I got "what sort of broken operating system is this, you told me it was windows 7" so I replied with "Yes, it says windows 7 ready on the sticker on the computer case"

He passed me off to his manager and she got aggressive with me, screaming and shouting down the phone at me for wasting their time. I need to record it next time it happens because it was hilarious.
Successfully defeated Hamish twice with 7 day bans, without even posting even with him having admin "friends".(2016)

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 12:53 am

The player can start with 75 or so health, that way the shieldgun won't matter.

Cryflex

Post by Cryflex » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 7:20 am

Calypto wrote:The player can start with 75 or so health, that way the shieldgun won't matter.
Yeah that would fix it, didn't know you can start players with reduced health. In that case, either a platform for respawning or just constant dropping would work.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 9:19 am

Theres a million and one trials maps where you fall through objectives. Better to just add a vehicle to the bottom of one.