Trans not work

Discuss the BW-Invasion server here.
ferg4

Re: Trans not work

Post by ferg4 » Mon 17 Oct , 2016 5:51 pm

"bad goy stuff" got me too.

I've already did most of the suggestions on the list fuck_yeah

Actually I'm using win 10 only for gaming; right now dark souls 3, ut2k4, some dota 2 etc.
For dota 2 I might switch to kubuntu in the near future, since it works on linux w/o problems.
Ut2k4 runs on linux machines too, but too much of a hassle to install.
My main os is Kubuntu 16.04, I do all the work and surfing with Kubuntu.
Connection to the internetz, windows or kubuntu, is only per vpn, would advise for everyone.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Mon 17 Oct , 2016 8:23 pm

Do you have preloading player models turned on in settings? If not, turn it on.

ZioFede

Post by ZioFede » Tue 18 Oct , 2016 8:33 am

Meh, the problems were most probably related to the 64 bit executable, in some system it works, in others it gets funny. I'm not even sure those workarounds I wrote in my thread are necessary anymore with the anniversary update, I read somewhere it fixed the crashes of old games in fullscreen.

God should have let Paul live and let you die instead, worthless piece of shit. -Mr. H&some about a random actor-

ferg4

Post by ferg4 » Thu 20 Oct , 2016 1:32 am

It's not only windows itself it's actually the invasion levels crashing the game and freezing the pc - I'm 100% sure about this now.

The map "DM-Nein-Final-Deluxe-b3" crashes after some minutes and with monster-lvl-progress.
Another example is the map "RatSlums with Ripper beta 2". Loading the map with the 32-bit version of ut2k4, the game crashes many times in a row - not even loading the map.
But using the 64-bit version, I can at least get into the game; then it crashes anyway.

I can play ONS, bombing run, assault etc. the game never crashes.
I read that it's probably all the monsters and loading textures, which crashes the game.
I set "CacheSizeMegs=256", from 64; it helped a bit.