Title: AS-TheCanyon-RC1
Filename: thecanyon.rar
Author: Azarael
Website URL: http://highvoltage.inx-gaming.co.uk/
Release Date: 15/03/10
Last Update: 15/03/10
Version: 1.0

Credits:
Testing: Clan "Reach The Orgasm" and the rest of the server's followers, [Calum]«íçé°, [KimiRäikkönen]«íçé°
Original Map: Kruger
Music: Colossus - free to use from Unreal Tournament 1999
Texture Sources: Hourences for HourIndusX_UT2004
Hazel.H for Skybox

====================================================================================
Play Information
----------------

Game: Unreal Tournament 2k4
Level Name: AS-TheCanyon-RC1
Game Type: Assault
Botmatch: Partial
Single Player: Yes
Teamplay: Yes
New Textures: Yes
New Sounds: No
New Music: Yes
New Mutators: No

====================================================================================
Construction
------------

Base: From scratch
Build Time: Can't even remember
Ideal Playercount: 6 - 12
Editor(s) Used: UnrealEd, Photoshop

Installation
------------
Unzip thecanyon.rar.
Store the *.unr or *.ut2 file in your Maps\ directory along with the others
(see guide below), then either doubleclick on it, or type open AS-TheCanyon-RC1 in
the console, or select the Map in a Botmatch or an Internet game.

Guide:
*.unr and *.ut2 files go in Maps\
*.utx files go in Textures\
*.umx and *.ogg files go in Music\
*.uax files go in Sounds\
*.u, *.int, and *.ini files go in System\
*.usx files go in staticmeshes\
*.ukx files go in animations\
*.ka files go in karma\
*.upx files go in prefabs\

Extended Description
--------------------
"Out with the old and in with the new. Presenting, six years overdue, Grandcanyon - the way it was meant to be played."

A remake of a large sized Assault map for 6 - 12 players.

Copyright / Permissions
-----------------------
This level is copyright 2010, by Azarael.

Authors may NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels without explicit
permission from the Original Author.

You are NOT allowed to commercially exploit this level, i.e. put it on a CD or any
other electronic medium that is sold for money without my explicit permission!

You MAY distribute this level through any electronic network (internet (web/ftp),
FIDO, local BBS etc.), provided you include this file and leave the archive intact.

Unreal® Tournament 2004 (c)2004 Epic Megagames, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Unreal
and the Unreal logo are registered trademarks of Epic Megagames, Inc. All other
trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

ReadMe created by NC3's ReadMe Generator.
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: AS-TheCanyon

Post by Azarael » Mon 15 Mar , 2010 6:23 pm

Don't upload the above - I'll make an RC2 when I get back at 9pm GMT.

Cartoon

Post by Cartoon » Mon 15 Mar , 2010 6:28 pm

It played good 4v4 I wonder how it will 10v10 Should be just as good though

Cartoon

Post by Cartoon » Mon 15 Mar , 2010 7:45 pm

Naa take that back, It will be beyond good. Changed to Green on request of a special little friend of mine <3[C]

Socio
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Socio » Mon 15 Mar , 2010 9:48 pm

My thoughts so far:
The defenders spawn at the first obj isnt needed muc, since its pretty impossible to defend, with a player count of 6vs6 it goes down in 5 sec :P. But if you want to keep it this way you could add a reach obj (desactivate the door shield or something like that) or a delivery obj (Use the key to disactivate the door or something) with the key spawn at attackers spawn. This way it would be much more reasonable for defenders to be there, I think.
Minor thing, the marker of the "Destroy the generator" obj is way off. You should move it to the center, it would look better.
The last obj and its design looks really rushed, like you didnt care about the map anymore and just wanted to finish it. But I hope I'm wrong about it and that this is just a temporary last obj and last part :P
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 15 Mar , 2010 11:53 pm

To be honest, I have no idea what on earth to do about the last objective. I can't think of anything else to do with it apart from to make a cheap landing zone, since that's basically how it is in the original. I'm open to any suggestions which aren't so extravagant as to have me create an entire new base for one reach objective >_< The idea was to keep some logic in the map by having the attackers push the defenders off the map, thus turning the map from a "run through this gauntlet for no apparent reason" to a "capture this base" scenario.

For the moment I have reverted the last objective to the style of the original map and added a single ramp to the front of the base such that it can be reached using a vehicle. I've also removed the end defenses and made it so the map doesn't push the spawns anymore for now.

I'm not sure how to move the centre without having a vertex placed in the middle of the static mesh. I think I can move the centre to either end, but I'm not sure.

I'll see about reworking the first objective. It's now destroy the gate / reach the opening.

I'm withholding the map for a little longer while I work out the serious terrain bugs and hear some ideas about this last objective.

Cartoon

Post by Cartoon » Tue 16 Mar , 2010 12:04 am

Screen shots of last obj? ^^

Socio

Post by Socio » Tue 16 Mar , 2010 12:17 am

To set the center, you use the PrePivot XYZ possion in the Destroyable Objs Display settings :3

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 16 Mar , 2010 12:22 am

Current layout of end:

Thanks Socio, I'll adjust it

Socio

Post by Socio » Tue 16 Mar , 2010 1:29 am

If I would be picky, I would say that those stone arches look too unnatural, the regular way that they are placed over the road :D
I dont have anything against this being the last obj, but you really should add some cool stuff to make it look like a real last defense base, static meshes, new geometry brushes, etc. Because now, with its simplicity its similar to the first landing spot of the attackers. Also it will never hurt to add some new obj while your at it, but what & when only depends on how you execute the concept of the landing pad aka. last defenders base.