New NitroVehicles

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

New NitroVehicles

Post by iZumo » Tue 28 Dec , 2010 9:58 pm

So, I reworked the Nitro Vehicles (based on Azarael's). Main change is using different method for the Nitro effect; which should behave more realisticly. This means that nitro bonus is dynamic to the current vehicle speed / slope etc.; which mainly resolves:
- no more "climbing" (driving towards hill with same acceleration)
- better behaviour towards skidding
- will boost if you going backwards or staying on a place

Vehicles:
- NitroBender (can Shield and Repair, can jump)
- Teamwork NitroBender (can Shield and Repair, can jump)
- NitroScorpion
- Unarmed NitroScorpion
- Minigun NitroScorpion
- Shock NitroScorpion (in two variants; differs in wheter can shield and repair)
- Plasma NitroScorpion (in two variants; differs in wheter can shield and repair)

Other changes are:
- tweaked the GUI a bit
- possibility to remap / disable the keys for Nitro, Repair, Shield (manually in ini file)
- replacement handled in ini file (see lower)
- shield shields weapons attached to vehicles as well
- nitro effects
- assist message lasts 10s instead of 5
- cannot instantly do two repairs (there is 2 second cooldown period)
- interaction removes itself at the end of the game

Screenshots

Keymapping:
In NitroVehicles.ini create and customize the following section:

Code: Select all

[NitroVehicles.NitroVehiclesInteractions]
bNitroKeyEnabled=True
bRepairKeyEnabled=True
bShieldKeyEnabled=True
NitroKey=IK_Shift
RepairKey=IK_J
ShieldKey=IK_K
The assist string when entering the vehicle is updated accordingly (or ommited if binding is disabled). Key is prefixed with "IK_".

Technical Notes:
- The NitroPRV and NitroRV is using nearly identical code (due to compatibility with maps, as they have to derive from ONSPRV and ONSRV)
- typing "NVWheelDebug" will show stats about the vehicle speed etc.
- assist string are now localizable, if somebody want's to care
- dependency only on unreal extension (xMutator)

NitroVehicles.ini file:
- disabled maps managed the same way
- replacement section (set as it was):

[NitroVehicles.NitroVehiclesMut]
DisabledMaps=...
DisabledMaps=...
DisabledMaps=...
VehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="Onslaught.ONSPRV",NewClassName="NitroVehicles.NitroTWB")
VehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="TeamworkBender4.TeamworkBender",NewClassName="NitroVehicles.NitroTWB")
VehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="TWBv5.NitroBender",NewClassName="NitroVehicles.NitroTWB")
VehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="Onslaught.ONSRV",NewClassName="NitroVehicles.NitroRV")
VehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="TWBv5.NitroScorpion",NewClassName="NitroVehicles.NitroRV")
VehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="ScorpionType2.ScorpionType2",NewClassName="NitroVehicles.NitroRVMinigun")
VehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="TWBv5.NitroScorpionTankTurret",NewClassName="NitroVehicles.NitroRVMinigun")
VehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="TWBv5.NitroScorpionNoGun",NewClassName="NitroVehicles.NitroRVGunless")
MyLevelVehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="myLevel.myScorpion",NewClassName="NitroVehicles.NitroRVGunless")
MyLevelVehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="myLevel.myScorpion3",NewClassName="NitroVehicles.NitroRVGunless")
MyLevelVehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="myLevel.myScorpion2",NewClassName="NitroVehicles.NitroRVMinigun")
Download:
http://upload-it.ch/upload/NewNitroVehicles.zip

TheDejaVuPl@yer

Re: New NitroVehicles

Post by TheDejaVuPl@yer » Wed 29 Dec , 2010 2:51 am

- Shock NitroScorpion (in two variants; differs in wheter can shield and repair)
- Plasma NitroScorpion (in two variants; differs in wheter can shield and repair)
insane. maybe make iontank shield repair and nitro too? or levi? leave this two scorps default pls.

also, u forgot SPMA... I requested it 3 month ago. It was looked like personla ignoring by Aza.

and use general user.ini. using separate ini's is a bad manners.

other looks nice, in text.

PS: didnt u ever thinking about how other mods like utcomp and 3spn, alternative vote'rs, clanmanager, onsplus etc bind keys w/o interaction?

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Wed 29 Dec , 2010 4:14 am

TheDejaVuPl@yer wrote:- Shock NitroScorpion (in two variants; differs in wheter can shield and repair)
insane. maybe make iontank shield repair and nitro too? or levi? leave this two scorps default pls.
A) It's on Azarael whether he'll use them in SkyRace or not.
B) Nitro is there for race maps (as I kicked myself to covert the shock scorpion race).
C) ROFL @ levi nitro :D
TheDejaVuPl@yer wrote:also, u forgot SPMA... I requested it 3 month ago. It was looked like personla ignoring by Aza.
Alright, after today's discussion in the map with fuzzy tanks, the code will be there.
TheDejaVuPl@yer wrote:and use general user.ini. using separate ini's is a bad manners.
Yeah if you like one big messy ini file. I don't. ;)
TheDejaVuPl@yer wrote:PS: didnt u ever thinking about how other mods like utcomp and 3spn, alternative vote'rs, clanmanager, onsplus etc bind keys w/o interaction?
You have console for that. Just turn the interaction off by editing the ini file or make the GUI.

TheDejaVuPl@yer

Post by TheDejaVuPl@yer » Wed 29 Dec , 2010 4:42 am

>> Yeah if you like one big messy ini file. I don't.
its already half a meg. and tonns of small ini's from such mutators. system-folder like a garbage can.

>> Alright, after today's discussion in the map with fuzzy tanks, the code will be there.
TY.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Thu 30 Dec , 2010 4:20 am

Revision 2.

- fixed client-server desync nitro bug (used a bit different way how to apply nitro)
- fixed shield
- fixed effects
- added NitroSPMA for DejaVu

There are no changes in ini files, except package name. So client side:

[NitroVehicles2.NitroVehiclesInteractions]
bNitroKeyEnabled=True
bRepairKeyEnabled=True
bShieldKeyEnabled=True
NitroKey=IK_Shift
RepairKey=IK_J
ShieldKey=IK_K
and server side:

[NitroVehicles2.NitroVehiclesMut]
DisabledMaps=...
DisabledMaps=...
DisabledMaps=...
VehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="Onslaught.ONSPRV",NewClassName="NitroVehicles2.NitroTWB")
VehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="TeamworkBender4.TeamworkBender",NewClassName="NitroVehicles2.NitroTWB")
VehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="TWBv5.NitroBender",NewClassName="NitroVehicles2.NitroTWB")
VehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="Onslaught.ONSRV",NewClassName="NitroVehicles2.NitroRV")
VehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="TWBv5.NitroScorpion",NewClassName="NitroVehicles2.NitroRV")
VehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="ScorpionType2.ScorpionType2",NewClassName="NitroVehicles2.NitroRVMinigun")
VehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="TWBv5.NitroScorpionTankTurret",NewClassName="NitroVehicles2.NitroRVMinigun")
VehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="TWBv5.NitroScorpionNoGun",NewClassName="NitroVehicles2.NitroRVGunless")
MyLevelVehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="myLevel.myScorpion",NewClassName="NitroVehicles2.NitroRVGunless")
MyLevelVehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="myLevel.myScorpion3",NewClassName="NitroVehicles2.NitroRVGunless")
MyLevelVehicleReplacementConfig=(OldClassName="myLevel.myScorpion2",NewClassName="NitroVehicles2.NitroRVMinigun")
DL: http://upload-it.ch/upload/NewNitroVehicles2.zip

TheDejaVuPl@yer

Post by TheDejaVuPl@yer » Thu 30 Dec , 2010 3:51 pm

U r my hero, Izumo ^^
Thanx to administration for permission.
But I dont see artillery in server config...

Genesis

Post by Genesis » Thu 30 Dec , 2010 4:16 pm

Damn bloody shitty nitro ShitePMA
Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

TheDejaVuPl@yer

Post by TheDejaVuPl@yer » Thu 30 Dec , 2010 4:22 pm

Scared? Its weak and leaves half a minute at battlefield, but its primary scatters benders like skittles.

Genesis

Post by Genesis » Thu 30 Dec , 2010 4:27 pm

Annoyed. Retards will zoom off to some spot where they will camp until the tent falls apart due to overuse. Plus, putting nitro in every vehicle under the sun is getting old.
Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

TheDejaVuPl@yer

Post by TheDejaVuPl@yer » Thu 30 Dec , 2010 4:41 pm

No problem, I can enjoy NitroSPMA with Primary shoot only! Lets disable mortar mode at all for race maps.