New NitroVehicles

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
Socio
Disappeared Administrator

Re: New NitroVehicles

Post by Socio » Sun 12 Aug , 2012 5:04 pm

Yeah, delay would be good, 10sec at least, because horn is also a wordless way to say "Get out of the f*cking way raisnub"/"Get in my f*cking car raisnub".

And its s1x who is spamming the dixie horn like mad, probably binded forward|playvehhorn like the filthy f*ckers that binded movement keys with taunt gestures so it would be harder to land a proper HS on them rugeblack_face
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 12 Aug , 2012 5:14 pm

Socio wrote:because horn is also a wordless way to say "Get out of the f*cking way raisnub"/"Get in my f*cking car raisnub".
also "shoot the fucker in front you moron"

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 12 Aug , 2012 7:19 pm

Checkbox Culture is where instead of implementing an obviously necessary fix and having done with it, you add a checkbox instead. I can't imagine why anyone would want to listen to the Dixie horn over and over and over again.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Wed 15 Aug , 2012 11:22 pm

Some changes (some are already live for a while):

Atlas:
- less bouncier on landing
- added a stinger version for no dragonfly maps (fires 2 shots every 2.20s, each doing 100 damage and transfers momentum comparable to 2 ppl bender twin beams)
- plasma version has repairs increased to 10

Trial:
- trial scorpion cannot jump (Derby trial version temporarily down until fixed)

Overall:
- you can horn once every 10s instead of 3s (this can be toggled via console (set classname HornInterval value) in webadmin)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 19 Aug , 2012 12:23 pm

The skymine nerf is retarded, people are getting OUT of the hellbender because its impossible to kill anyone with these new skymines.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 19 Aug , 2012 3:25 pm

Good. The default Hellbender skymine weapon is impossible to fail with.

Working as intended, noobs are now correctly noob when within Hellbender seat 2.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 20 Aug , 2012 10:01 am

I would agree with you if it didn't go from one extreme to the other.

It should be competitive to use, not impossible. As it is currently, the skymine has passed the player even before you are permitted to detonate it.

It's been over-nerfed.

On an unrelated note, not being able to shield when alone in a hellbender is having rather unfortunate issues. When someone gets out to press an objective gate, you get shot by bender/bombed by dfly/nuked by deemer(of which skymine doesn't stop anymore).

On yet another semi-unrelated note, not being able to nitro while shield is active is a death sentence on maps that require any form of nitro usage on a ramp. I do not see any real reason why it is this way. Going over a jump is an opportunistic moment to be shot by the enemy, so naturally you usually shield on these parts. However no nitro means you don't make the jump, so you seem to lose either way currently.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Mon 20 Aug , 2012 10:10 am

Skymine nerf is only for solobenders, when there is at least two of you, it's normal; and yes, the overherf is intentional, similar to the twin beams for solobenders.

Perhaps there should be some sort of a timeout on sol skymine / sol shield, although I suppose the moments are a bit rare.

The reason why you could not nitro when shielded in vehicles with chargeable shield is that originally, toggleable shield shared charging bar with nitro. I agree to disable that for reason above specified, except for EMP scorps.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 20 Aug , 2012 10:13 am

Rather than reducing fire rate, reducing the damage would probably be more effective. At least you would still be able to use it to defend against things.

As it stands, you might as well just remove all turrets from vehicles when solo.

You also need to consider going solo happens sometimes. I was sat in spawn for 5+ minutes on one occasion, while all the retards camped the roof of some hellbender map. So I'm left with the choice of going sol, or leaving the game. I'd like some defense when sol at least, that or removing all this stupid distractions that go against finishing the map.

To compare it against the SSG, things like that I can respect. Shieldrunning is a pretty broken aspect in assault, so that required a little tweaking. But Skymines seems fixing something just for the sake of fixing. I have not seen complaints about skymines to rival that of the complaints about deusing.
Last edited by iRobot on Mon 20 Aug , 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Mon 20 Aug , 2012 10:16 am

Reducing the damage would not be obvious to people that it's nerfed. And when you're solo, yes, you're practically unarmed, that's the point. It's like that people were driving solo, then when someone got near, switched to skymines and fought that way, whichi is undesirable.