UT2Vote

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

UT2Vote

Post by Azarael » Fri 07 Jan , 2011 4:54 pm

I'm testing UT2Vote on this server. Bear in mind that until I override this, you will need to press Home to vote - or you can bind the following:

set input x ShowMapVote | Mutate UT2Vote

And then use this to disable the Home key:

set UT2VoteClient bDisableHomeKey True

which will allow you to use the X key to vote on any server.

Genesis
Disappeared Administrator

Re: UT2Vote

Post by Genesis » Fri 07 Jan , 2011 7:45 pm

Press Home to vote????? That's a bit advanced for some. People will moan about it as in the past.
Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 07 Jan , 2011 7:50 pm

Which is why I'll force bind X to the above at some point.

Genesis

Post by Genesis » Fri 07 Jan , 2011 7:54 pm

Why? Is it really THAT hard to just press Home instead.
Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 07 Jan , 2011 7:57 pm

It's not widely advertised, and people like pressing X to mapvote anyway.

Kontor

Post by Kontor » Fri 07 Jan , 2011 8:39 pm

ppl are lazy and can save 3 characters when lamenting about the current map ("press x, press x" instead of "press home"). :roll:

TheDejaVuPl@yer

Post by TheDejaVuPl@yer » Sat 08 Jan , 2011 2:19 am

Is that a real need for UT2Vote?

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 08 Jan , 2011 2:23 am

UT2Vote is excellent. And yes, there is a real need for UT2Vote - ServerColor. ServerColor only works with single-server systems, so it can't be used when multiple servers operate off the same installation. UT2Vote allows the server name to be colored without having ServerColor running, and once I change X binds to be both for UT2Vote and the normal map vote, then there's no problem.

UT2Vote has always been a far superior mapvote - hated against because of the Home key switch.

TheDejaVuPl@yer

Post by TheDejaVuPl@yer » Sat 08 Jan , 2011 6:50 am

Azarael wrote:And yes, there is a real need for UT2Vote - ServerColor. ServerColor only works with single-server systems, so it can't be used when multiple servers operate off the same installation.
That is bullshit untruth. Surprised to hear such lame conclusions from Azarael. Seriously surprising. Nothing personal, just read further.
Azarael wrote:UT2Vote has always been a far superior mapvote - hated against because of the Home key switch.
It was always haten because of its puke design and redundant functionality confusing over the 70% of usual players.
Azarael wrote:UT2Vote is excellent.
Who said that? I've always thought admins should not express they own sympathy, moreover ungrounded.
I cant agree its even satisfactory. So, as I hinted above, as its useless for this server.

In my experience such crap's as UT2Vote is used only on servers where admins can't implement some simple function, like multiple server name coloring in this example. So they taking some redundant mutant and trying to insinuate players they they need that.

There is a good rule: dont touch the things that are working good... Think about it.

So pls DONT FORCE US to use that shit if YOU NEED IT, NOT US.
If you just dont know how to color multiple servers names then just ask your own community - ask us, prefer to use some shit. Thats lame and lowdown act.
Shame, Aza, shame.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sat 08 Jan , 2011 4:56 pm

Well googling a bit about the server colour and this came up (haven't looked at it): http://www.filefront.com/11529520/UT2004-Server-Color/

Anyway why rage? I also find the UT2Vote better.